Where is all the H1000 powder

I spoke with Hodgdon directly about H1000 and Retumbo and the forecast is not good. They told me they don't expect another shipment until late summer or possibly early fall. That said, I'd suggest getting it wherever you might find it.

These guys show some in stock.

I was wondering if anyone knows what is going on with H 1000 powder can't find it anywhere.
I was wondering if anyone knows what is going on with H 1000 powder can't find it anywhere.
I got 8 lbs from my gun about 2 weeks ago since could not find Retumbo. Since then H 1000 seems to vanish. I got lucky. Get me through the summer

I just looked at reloading data on the Nosler Load-data site for some of the most popular calibers, and have to ask; Why H1000? The most universal powders across numerous calibers, even .338, are IMR4895 and IMR4064. However , for the larger calibers, .338 and up, IMR4350 seems to be one of the better. I see no reason to be hung up on one single powder when there may even be a better performance powder available. It's ludicrous, go to this site load-data.nosler.com and select the caliber and bullet size and you will see numerous powders listed, including the most accurate tested. Don't get hung up on one powder!

I just looked at reloading data on the Nosler Load-data site for some of the most popular calibers, and have to ask; Why H1000? The most universal powders across numerous calibers, even .338, are IMR4895 and IMR4064. However , for the larger calibers, .338 and up, IMR4350 seems to be one of the better. I see no reason to be hung up on one single powder when there may even be a better performance powder available. It's ludicrous, go to this site load-data.nosler.com and select the caliber and bullet size and you will see numerous powders listed, including the most accurate tested. Don't get hung up on one powder!
Because it has served me well over the year from Argentina to Alaska in some pretty bad conditions. It shoots well in a lot of my guns from .243 to my Weatherby mags. It's hard to change something you have confidence in.

Lots of big calibers burning H1000 at > 90g per shot. My 416 likes 110g. It seems that H1000 may be the "toilet paper crisis" model for reloading.
Why in the world are you using H1000? IMR 7828 for Wby 416 and IMR 4064 for the Rem 416 are the most accurate powders tested.. H1000 isn't even in the contest for that caliber, not listed for any of the brands of rifles.

Why in the world are you using H1000? IMR 7828 for Wby 416 and IMR 4064 for the Rem 416 are the most accurate powders tested.. H1000 isn't even in the contest for that caliber, not listed for any of the brands of rifles.

Attachments

• DB213829-E0F8-4058-9723-7C728AE90EE6.png
    DB213829-E0F8-4058-9723-7C728AE90EE6.png
    236.3 KB · Views: 99
  • 1A4E62E2-C6C7-4F3A-8A56-F92CC1E15FD1.png
    1A4E62E2-C6C7-4F3A-8A56-F92CC1E15FD1.png
    157.8 KB · Views: 87
Before you start offering expert opinion you had to look up in a book you might want to consider that the audience here takes a lot of factors into account before deciding what loads to use. One universal receiver with a test barrel shot indoors in a controlled temperature environment might give great results that will never be seen again in a real sporting firearm. Additionally every powder you named here is famous for having horrible temperature stability issues which is generally frowned upon for hunting and competition purposes.
Some of your tone here comes off as "grasshopper lecturing the Kung Fu master". FWIW H1000 has an excellent history of accuracy with heavy for caliber bullets which many here favor for long range use.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.