Where is all the 300wm brass???

Have to ask, been watching these types of questions and the rants and raves on different types of brass for a while now.
Has anyone here been on a military shooting team, as in Marine Corps Quantico team or the Army's highly regarded match shooters ?
Having spent a few years near one of the teams and watching them shoot and compete in distance and the single ragged hole shooting I often wondered what the ammo was for these amazing shooters.
What I learned was they were using most of the Lake City Brass loaded ammo in the calibers needed for the rifles used in the events. Some had Federal Brass for the 300WM
Now the shooters mostly (snipers) are using the 300WM in service use and they too are shooting ragged holes using Lake City and Federal ammunition.
Here's my question, Is these brands poison here as it is never mentioned for Long Range Shooting when most long range shots well over 1000 yards are just military brass rounds ?
Many places are selling the military brass components demilled and have primers still in place and it is never fired brass.
Just asking since the site is distance oriented and this brand of ammunition is out there to put back together and shoot as new.

duh
or an adult could actually read what it says.
long range target shooter
but i am taking your advice and adding you to ignore
Only 2 reasons a rude, ignorant person that "is not a hunter" would be on Long Range Hunting:
An operative from an ultra liberal left wing anti hunting organization.
Or has been banned from other sites ( Facebook etc...)
Best thing to do is click on his user-name and hit ignore!

again you ignored what the op SAID
quality..."the high quality brass"
winchester is not in that class
changing the subject does not prove a point.
it is used by those that know they have lost so they try deflecting.
get off your high horse bud... I've got Winchester brass that does very well several cartridges, with little or no variance in weight. Your experience is your experience, nothing more, nothing less. Stick your nose in the air and be a brass snob if you want; I do not care.
I'm using Nosler, Weatherby, Remington, a-square, Bertram, Hornady, Winchester, federal, s&w, and few other brands.
I see no real difference in accuracy capability between the brands. Most need a trim and some could use a weight sort... that's about it. I frankly do not like the Bertram brass I have and the Weatherby brass will probably need to be annealed after only a couple of shots; I'm thinking of having my buddy ditch the crap and going with Remington brass. In my 300rum I'm getting 8-10 shots with only a trim with r/p. Hornady and Federal tend to be a touch soft, but adjust your load and you are good to go with that stuff too.

If you want 300WM brass to seem more available, buy a 338RUM.

ADG has 338 RUM brass and it's excellent quality. I've been using it in a 6.5x338 RUM improved and more recently in a 27 caliber wildcat. The brass is holding up very well to some pretty hard use so far.

No worries. I was shocked to see this thread have a ----ing match. Good news is I wasn't doing any ----ing this time!
Don't start patting yourself on the back just yet, it's still pretty early.....:D

Just got a pm from a member in Billings that has 100 new Norma. I told him that we would take them. If that does not work out @HARPERC, I'll let you know.

I really never expected to head out to purchase 300wm brass and find it sold out everywhere.

Thanks a bunch guys.
Hey guys;
Precision Reloading, has three full pages of brass listings in the new catalog #33
1-800-223-0900

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.