Where is all the 6.5 PRC brass?

IHFarmer07,
Your 156 Berger load is close to mine. I settled on 54.0 grs. RL26. It shot good with H1000 also but a little slower. I do half grain increments also then go from there to tenths. I have 2 pds of RL23 I want to try also. Your testing sounds a lot like mine and I know what you mean about the long range part being a PIA. :)

24" Proof Prefit, I had a good load with Superformance using the 124gr Hammer and 122gr Lehigh Chaos but when my testing got into the warmer weather I learned it was really temp sensitive so now I'm working with StaBall 6.5

With fired Hornady brass I was getting 2905 fps using 57.2gr of H1000 with the 153.5gr Berger and 3290 fps using 57.5gr of Superformance with the 122gr Lehigh Chaos in the summer and 3150 in the winter.
I haven't tried Superformance in 6.5 PRC or 6.5x284 and probably won't. It shot great out of 6.5 Creed. So did Hybrid 100X. I have 6 pds of 6.5 Staball . I haven't used it in anything yet. Hard to find data for 6.5 PRC. Thought not slow enough. You gave me idea to try with 124 Hammer. I haven't tried H1000 with the 153.5 Berger yet.
What primers are you using ? Seems to me my SD and ES are better with CCIBR2 than with Fed 210M and 215M.

IHFarmer07,
Your 156 Berger load is close to mine. I settled on 54.0 grs. RL26. It shot good with H1000 also but a little slower. I do half grain increments also then go from there to tenths. I have 2 pds of RL23 I want to try also. Your testing sounds a lot like mine and I know what you mean about the long range part being a PIA. :)
Yes Sir it sure looks that way lol!! It must work if two of us have similar ways of searching for loads! I don't have any H1000 to try but I tried Re23 also with the Berger 156's and I didn't find anything that HAD to tested further with it in my gun. I figure out what powder charges I want to go from and too and then prime the cases with both cci200 and fed210, then set up a recording camera at the target......300 is soooo much easier but 600+ is shoot once, drive to check impact, correct or not the impact, then shoot more from there, need a camera that shows shots in live time that ain't crazy high $$$. Otherwise it works great, just takes more time.

I just got a book that had H4350 being used for the lighter grain bullets like my 125 Badlands Bulldozers and a few other powders that I have that I might try. I need to test Re23 and the dozers again because my shots ended up off the paper from my "slighter" shot and I didn't realize it until I shot everything and drove to the target😤😡.

Yes Sir it sure looks that way lol!! It must work if two of us have similar ways of searching for loads! I don't have any H1000 to try but I tried Re23 also with the Berger 156's and I didn't find anything that HAD to tested further with it in my gun. I figure out what powder charges I want to go from and too and then prime the cases with both cci200 and fed210, then set up a recording camera at the target......300 is soooo much easier but 600+ is shoot once, drive to check impact, correct or not the impact, then shoot more from there, need a camera that shows shots in live time that ain't crazy high $$$. Otherwise it works great, just takes more time.

I just got a book that had H4350 being used for the lighter grain bullets like my 125 Badlands Bulldozers and a few other powders that I have that I might try. I need to test Re23 and the dozers again because my shots ended up off the paper from my "slighter" shot and I didn't realize it until I shot everything and drove to the target😤😡.
I want to try RL23 in my 6.5x284 more than the 6.5 PRC. Havd you ever tried CCIBR2 or Fed 210 match primers ? Those are all I use unless magnums then I use Fed 215 match . That sucks that all your shots were off target that would of ticked me off. Would you be able to see your bullet holes with a sporting scope at 300 yds. ? I don't know. Save you driving maybe. H4350 should work good with lighter bullets . I haven't tried with 124 Hammers yet.

I am using the CCI200 Large Rifle primers though I may try the magnum primers and the BR2 primers just to see if it makes a difference as I was having a hard time getting my SD below 10. I had previously prepped 300 cases for a shooting class so I was stuck with the LR primers for my 153.5gr loads but now that I'm done I can get back to testing.

I am using the CCI200 Large Rifle primers though I may try the magnum primers and the BR2 primers just to see if it makes a difference as I was having a hard time getting my SD below 10. I had previously prepped 300 cases for a shooting class so I was stuck with the LR primers for my 153.5gr loads but now that I'm done I can get back to testing.
I got low sd and es with CCI BR2 primers . Fed 210 match werent as low with Fed. 210 match. I was shooting close to max with some loads with Fed 215 mag match and I think caused more pressure .
I had sd 3 and es 6 with 54 grains RL26.
Same load with Fed 210 was higher. I forget but posted earlier I'm thread .

I want to try RL23 in my 6.5x284 more than the 6.5 PRC. Havd you ever tried CCIBR2 or Fed 210 match primers ? Those are all I use unless magnums then I use Fed 215 match . That sucks that all your shots were off target that would of ticked me off. Would you be able to see your bullet holes with a sporting scope at 300 yds. ? I don't know. Save you driving maybe. H4350 should work good with lighter bullets . I haven't tried with 124 Hammers yet.
I got ya......nope, sure haven't tried the ccibr2's, I've had too much luck with cci200 and fed210M's, sorry I didn't specify what I was using Fed210 or Fed210m. I've tried the magnum primers before and yeah, it kinda sucked, es and sd's were not good, but you don't know till you try them. Oh yeah missing really did with these expensive bullets, was like ah f#!k. At 300yrds I can see everything I need to with the scope, at 600+ yards not so much. I'll try the Re23 cci200 ladder again at 650yrds and see what I get, otherwise might have to change up powders.

I got ya......nope, sure haven't tried the ccibr2's, I've had too much luck with cci200 and fed210M's, sorry I didn't specify what I was using Fed210 or Fed210m. I've tried the magnum primers before and yeah, it kinda sucked, es and sd's were not good, but you don't know till you try them. Oh yeah missing really did with these expensive bullets, was like ah f#!k. At 300yrds I can see everything I need to with the scope, at 600+ yards not so much. I'll try the Re23 cci200 ladder again at 650yrds and see what I get, otherwise might have to change up powders.
Right on. Keep me posted on RL23 research .

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.