Where is all the 22-250 brass

Capt. D

It seems that everywhere I look, 22-250 brass is out of stock. Doesn't matter the brand. I have 40 pieces of hornady brass from when my rifle was factory but now it has become semi custom and I would like to start load development with new brass.

More of a rant, but JEEZE.

Sinclair has Norma 22-250 in stock:

NORMA BRASS | Sinclair Intl

Midway has Remington 100 ct 22-250 brass:

Remington Reloading Brass 22-250 Remington

And Nosler 50ct 22-250 brass

Nosler Custom Reloading Brass 22-250 Remington Box of 50

Graf's has Nosler and Privi in stock

Graf & Sons - 22-250 Remington

I'm done searching, but bet I could find more!:D. 22-250 is relatively easy compared to some of the other crap that I've had back ordered for almost a year!!

Good luck with load development!

Brandon

Awesome! Glad you found some that will work for you. As repayment you get to listen to my rant!:D.

I wasn't trying to pile on with a bunch of different places that had stock, just hedging against a pet peeve of mine that I have been seeing a steady dose of lately:

OP: I can't find ANY 22-250 brass ANYWHERE!!! What did DHS buy all the 22-250 cases in the world?!?!? What the crap!!

LRH response (anyone trying to be helpful): Hey, try Midway - they had Lapua and Remmy brass in stock earlier.

OP: yeah, I know that already. I only use Silver State Armory brass that has been polished with Leprechaun tears and golden cloth. Why don't you find some of that for me, jerk!

Thanks so very much, for not being him. What kind off 22-250 are you runnin'?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 211
Awesome! Glad you found some that will work for you. As repayment you get to listen to my rant!:D.

I wasn't trying to pile on with a bunch of different places that had stock, just hedging against a pet peeve of mine that I have been seeing a steady dose of lately:

OP: I can't find ANY 22-250 brass ANYWHERE!!! What did DHS buy all the 22-250 cases in the world?!?!? What the crap!!

LRH response (anyone trying to be helpful): Hey, try Midway - they had Lapua and Remmy brass in stock earlier.

OP: yeah, I know that already. I only use Silver State Armory brass that has been polished with Leprechaun tears and golden cloth. Why don't you find some of that for me, jerk!

Thanks so very much, for not being him. What kind off 22-250 are you runnin'?

When Im getting bare, empty new brass....Ive always gotten Lapua. Might have to try some of that silver Sate stuff??

When Im getting bare, empty new brass....Ive always gotten Lapua. Might have to try some of that silver Sate stuff??

HA! If you do, let me know how it works. I googled "weird 22-250 brass manufacturer" to find SSA brass. Needed a prop to help me tell my story of angst....

Sorry, did not check back on this thread after ordering the nosler brass and now I see it has resurfaced.

VarmintH8R asked what kind of 22-250 I was running.

Trued Remington 700 action
Benchmark med. palma, fluted, 1 in 8 finished at 24"
McMillian HTG adjustable stock
BDL bottom metal
Worked factory trigger to 1.5 lbs
Night force NXS 5.5X22X50, NPR1

Weighs just a tick over 10 pounds and shoots 77 grainers into a little bug hole at 100 and am able to maintain .5 minute groups to 400. Havn't taken it any further than that.

The rifle is primarily a coyote calling rifle although my boy has killed a deer with it. If I don't watch it I'm gonna loose it to him and have to build another.:D

Sorry, did not check back on this thread after ordering the nosler brass and now I see it has resurfaced.

VarmintH8R asked what kind of 22-250 I was running.

Trued Remington 700 action
Benchmark med. palma, fluted, 1 in 8 finished at 24"
McMillian HTG adjustable stock
BDL bottom metal
Worked factory trigger to 1.5 lbs
Night force NXS 5.5X22X50, NPR1

Weighs just a tick over 10 pounds and shoots 77 grainers into a little bug hole at 100 and am able to maintain .5 minute groups to 400. Havn't taken it any further than that.

The rifle is primarily a coyote calling rifle although my boy has killed a deer with it. If I don't watch it I'm gonna loose it to him and have to build another.:D

Nice set-up! I've read the pros and cons of the fast-twist 22-250's, but it sure seems that 77 grainers would be baaaad medicine on coyotes!

What type of loads are you running?

Thanks for following up. I have rifle envy.

Nice set-up! I've read the pros and cons of the fast-twist 22-250's, but it sure seems that 77 grainers would be baaaad medicine on coyotes!

What type of loads are you running?

Thanks for following up. I have rifle envy.

Im running Nosler brass, 36.9 grains of H-1000 over a wincheser large rifle primer, and a nosler 77gr BTHP. Could push it harder but if it aint broke don't fix it is my way of thinking. Its a pretty light bullet to be reaching much past 400.

And yes it is bad medicine on them vermin. Calling Coyotes is a passion of mine although I don't get to as much as I'd like. Gotta make a living and gotta have land access. Down here in TX the hides don't get good enough to sell so I do my part to keep us in limbo in what I believe to be a borderline predator pit situation.

Will be playing with some bergers when I get home from this job. I will also be doing load some development on a Jon Beanland build that is waiting on me when I get there.

Small price to pay for hunting partner.

You ain't kidding. I remember those times with my father and now have just as much fun with him on the trigger as when I'm on the trigger. When were out calling coyotes he's mostly the shooter and I call and sometimes run a camera. None the less its a great time.gun)

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.