Where's the powder?

Cabela's near me hasn't received anything much in months. The other sporting goods places either. I don't see anything advertised online.
Some powders available out my way (No Extreme ) but my BIG concern is primer availability. So. Central Pa.

All the powder us stuck in Canada with 30,000 truckers banned to go in and out due to no vaccination....at least thats the problem w IMR in my opinion.

All the Hodgdons is stuck on boats offshore Long Beach w no way to unload due to California and Brandon.....

You can find some Accurate, Ramshot, and Winchester cause they are made in the U.S.

I dont understand why Alliant and Vihtavuori arent getting more in via Gulf Coast and East Coast but I think we are due for an up cycle this next month or in March then there will be plenty powder for a while......

Shelves are getting full of finished ammo again too. That should also free up some primer and powder and even bullets like the elusive Berger Hybrid 215s.

Cycle is coming
......I was right when I said I was hearing no more powder distribution until at least January back in December. There has been slim and none. All we have seen from Hodgdons is slim and none.

Fireworks 5 min. at a time here and there. No real dumps with real supply to quench a thirst.

But it is coming sometime next 2 months is my belief.......we'll see.....

What is the clock system you're talking about? I'm unaware.
I have checked PV at least three times a day forever and not found anything that I need. Maybe there's more to it than I realize.
When they have varget, Retumbo, H-4350 and a lot of people are trying to buy it PV put a "Timer" on the powder when it goes into someone's cart and still show available to other buyers until it is actually bought from the other buyer. Once it is in the cart it's in a reserved status and gives the original buyer time to look for other items to put in their cart. If they don't purchase then the if you were in the "Timer" you maybe able to purchase. other retailers the powder is available until it is actually paid for and the order done.
Maybe someone can explain it better.
Right now on PV you can buy IMR4198 no problem because no one else wants it and they have three available.

With Hazmat required shipping for powder and primers, and individuals not able to ship via HazMat without taking a class and getting certified, I can see a lot of powder and primers not hitting the market from individuals. I bought some from a person on the West Coast and the hoops that he had to jump through to get it shipped to me, PLUS the HazMat shipping costs really spiked the price. BUT,that was back in January and looking at it now, the price that I paid is still less per pound than what on-line shippers have powder priced at now and that is prior to shipping and sales tax. It was vihtavuori powder N160, 550 and 560 plus RL22.

So far, I have not had to buy powder on line. I have 4 LGS that I frequent. Two "LGS" are 2 hours away but worth the drive. But limit to 1-2 lbs per purchase/week to help disperse across their customer base which is great. I have purchased RL26 and H1000 in past 2 weeks but only at 1 lb quantities which is fine by me. IMO, Bergers are tougher to get than powder.

I don't know if it is true or not but I was informed by a person that works at a sporting good shop and said that ammunition companies have contract obligations with the federal government and they get priority and if they don't me the quota of the product they get penalized. He said that it might take a while yet for it to come back.

Up here in Montana it's been rare to find anything. Yesterday I was at a new store in Missoula and they had a lot of the V V stuff I have never used so I bought a 4lb,4 you get extra in lb.'s $159 pistol powder they had all the Accurate powders too, like Zip for $27 a Lb.

Depends on what you call hoarding. I have six 8lb jugs of Varget and 16lbs of H4350 and three jugs of pistol powder. The Varget I bought ten years ago when this same thing happened. It took almost three years before my backorder was filled. I just traded two jugs of Varget to get the 16lbs of H4350. I am also sitting on 20000 rifle primers and 24000 pistol primers from the same backorder. Decided I did not want it happening to me again where I would be short. So this time around I am still set from the last go around. Hoarder or smart - you call it.
I call it smart because I did the same.