Where's the powder?

Cabela's near me hasn't received anything much in months. The other sporting goods places either. I don't see anything advertised online.
Midway has gotten some over the past two months. The first time they limited it to 2 pounds and of late 1 pound.

At about $60 + for powder hazmat fees and shipping they can keep it. If they had it in a 4 to 8 pound jug I would buy a jug

Midway has gotten some over the past two months. The first time they limited it to 2 pounds and of late 1 pound.

At about $60 + for powder hazmat fees and shipping they can keep it. If they had it in a 4 to 8 pound jug I would buy a jug
Now think about this......if Midway really got a powder dump, why would there be ever increasing restrictions and limits?
In my mental model, what they have been selling is dribs and drabs that Hodgdon has parceled out to them, Powder Valley, Natchez,
and Brownells.

Grafs hasn't had powder in 6 months. Neither has Third Generation shooting supplys, or Precision Reloading, or any number of other
normal suppliers. Scheels has been running on half a tank, Salida Gunshop is low, Gunbroker is still charging 200% above normal.
No, if a real powder shipment came in, I haven't seen it, and neither has the market. Its still scraping the bottom of the barrel, and Midway has something for 5 min. every week or 2.

THANKS to Veteran!

I have bought a couple of times at Midway over the last few months. Retumbo at the 2 pound limits when it becomes available and every order is the same Lot Number😀

I believe Midway and others let the powder "trickle" into the market to avoid one person buying a ton for resale. I'm happy it's available and thankful I was able to grab a couple of pounds here and there.

I don't believe pricing will change in the next couple of years and I want to shoot when I want to shoot. So an extra .10 to .25 cents per round isn't going to deter from buying when I see it and need it.

Just my opinion.😁

Yes its a trickle.......but I believe its Hodgdons that trickling, not the retailers. They just don't have much to sell.
All the powder is stuck between here and Australia, and up in Canada.

This is why the rumors pre Christmas of shut downs in distribution......there was and still is not much to trickle out.

Natchez did have one significant Alliant powder dump this month, but I can't figure why they and VV are also not supplied much.
Hodgdon's is easier to figure given all the manufacturing is Australia and Canada except for Western powders ie, Accurate and Ramshot, and their St, Marks Winchester plants.

Anyway, I think the next 2 months its gonna cycle up, unless it all goes to Ukraine.......

Now think about this......if Midway really got a powder dump, why would there be ever increasing restrictions and limits?
In my mental model, what they have been selling is dribs and drabs that Hodgdon has parceled out to them, Powder Valley, Natchez,
and Brownells.

Grafs hasn't had powder in 6 months. Neither has Third Generation shooting supplys, or Precision Reloading, or any number of other
normal suppliers. Scheels has been running on half a tank, Salida Gunshop is low, Gunbroker is still charging 200% above normal.
No, if a real powder shipment came in, I haven't seen it, and neither has the market. Its still scraping the bottom of the barrel, and Midway has something for 5 min. every week or 2.
I second you on gunbroker , they want 89.00 a pound for H 4350 .

It's made in Australia. It's been sitting on a boat or in the port waiting to get shipped. Then it gets packaged here.
I didn't look at country of origin I had assumed it was made here. This makes more sense. A lot more should be rolling in as we've been getting a bunch of containers from the port at work the last few weeks.

I don't think so , because if you select it it comes up out of stock, but when you first see it ,it looks like they have it.
Yes sir its there. I just put it in my cart. Are you on Natchez? Did you already exceed some weekly or monthly restrictions at Natchez so you cant add it now? Please check again

I didn't look at country of origin I had assumed it was made here. This makes more sense. A lot more should be rolling in as we've been getting a bunch of containers from the port at work the last few weeks.
Glad to hear some ships are getting unloaded, at least on the East Coast. Get all those boats offshore Long Beach unloaded, and let the truckers along the US/Canada border do their jobs. Make'em wear a mask but letem come in and move goods back and forth!

They have a trucker's blockade in Ottawa right now. The city is shut down right now but it won't make the news media?

Why? This is all self imposed by governments, local, state, and federal.

Funny that we have a video this week of DHS/FEMA using the CIA to move illegal aliens in New York in the dead of night filmed by the police in Westchester County, and we the tax payers are paying the CIA and all these Federal agencies with our own tax dollars to break all our own laws. (CIA contractors to be accurate- MVM Inc.), but its all our own federal agencies weaponized to work against we the people and we are paying to be hosed. All published by the NY Post this week too. Same as Hunter's laptop...We all know why.

Google it.

I was able to buy 1lb of RL26 at LGS for 44.95 this morning. Last one on shelf!
Jeez, the last time I bought a single pound, it was $31 30 months ago. Then after load development for 2 rifles I picked up an 8# for $229. Prices certainly have gone through the roof and I wonder how much they'll come back down.