Where to send a rifle for custom reloads?

cory.loos

I have a custom built 300rum and 6.5x300wsm. I'd like to ship to someone and have hand loads made for it that shoot sub MOA. I just don't currently have the time and space right now to do. I've seen posts in the past about company's doing this but can't seam to find them anymore. Thanks

Google custom handloads. Lots of them pop up. Arizona ammo is one I have heard good results with.

I have a custom built 300rum and 6.5x300wsm. I'd like to ship to someone and have hand loads made for it that shoot sub MOA. I just don't currently have the time and space right now to do. I've seen posts in the past about company's doing this but can't seam to find them anymore. Thanks

This is can be a very costly adventure as you can see on link provided by cinch.

IIWY, I'd find a trusty friend nearby that will reload for you until you have the time and space to roll yourself.

Most of us will gladly to do so "IF" we have the spare time. I've certainly done so in the pass. Some of us will be more than happy to find that spare time to help break in them custom rifles. :):Dgun)

Good luck!

This is can be a very costly adventure as you can see on link provided by cinch.

IIWY, I'd find a trusty friend nearby that will reload for you until you have the time and space to roll yourself.

Most of us will gladly to do so "IF" we have the spare time. I've certainly done so in the pass. Some of us will be more than happy to find that spare time to help break in them custom rifles. :):Dgun)

Good luck!

I usually say yes to friends wanting loads tuned to their rifle, however I coach them through all phases of the process. We use the manuals, internet and specs published by manufacturers. The friend does the actual work and learns how to load and why. The finished rounds are his work and he shoots them at his own risk. I have only loaded for myself and grandkids. "Liability ". Litigation is becoming a popular source of income, warranted or frivolous.

I usually say yes to friends wanting loads tuned to their rifle, however I coach them through all phases of the process. We use the manuals, internet and specs published by manufacturers. The friend does the actual work and learns how to load and why. The finished rounds are his work and he shoots them at his own risk. I have only loaded for myself and grandkids. "Liability ". Litigation is becoming a popular source of income, warranted or frivolous.

Yep, I do the same thing. I was fortunate to have a friend that did the same to me many moons ago.

Here's another well respected business that does it. They are actually a site sponsor and their mono bullets are becoming very popular.

https://hammerbullets.com/services/

Thanks for the plug Barrelnut.

We are now also doing custom reloading with other bullets as well. So if the OP or anyone else for that matter has a bullet preference will accommodate that as long as it is available. We charge more for the load development of other bullets as they tend to be more finicky than our Hammers.

I'll add that we have a coupon promotion for 10% off any of the products and services that we provide. The coupon was intended for Christmas but is good through Jan 2017. Use coupon code forum16 at checkout.

Steve

I have not used them, but I did get some of their bullets. H D Custom Rifles and Ammuniton LLC

Space is not an issue normally. You do not have to have a full reloading bench. This is a portable setup built off a Black and Decker Workmate folding bench. I used one for years at matches.

I would buy my own dies and find someone who would teach you and allow you to use their press if nothing else.

For what you are going to spend, you can buy the top line equipment and have money left over.

I reloaded in a military barracks, just kept powder and primers somewhere else. I have also rented a small storage unit and set up a reloading setup in there.

I still use the portable press stand below from Sinclair.

I agree with BH, these are old pix but I started on a mobile concept ...

004-1.jpg

003-3.jpg

002-3.jpg

001-3.jpg

Nobody says you can't do it yourself. You don't have to mow your lawn if you don't want to either. Even if you can do it yourself.

Steve

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts