Where my Savages at? Shaw Mark X action

jasonco

Just seeing this last week. Went to the Shaw Custom Rifles site, to check it out and it's a Shaw proprietary 10/110 action, that has the licensed Accu-Trigger, if you want. Haven't spoken to them directly yet, but it looks to be an upgraded Savage action and at $810-$870, it should be! Mostly interested in the action only, but they'v a long selection of rifle calibers, they can build.

large_7b6ebstainlesspolishedhelicalbolt.png

I don't see where they allow a person to pick just the action to buy.

I true my savage actions via a ptg truing reamer and square the bolt face. I'd assume they just use a standard bolt head. May not be needed to true although I'd still do it for piece of mind

To be fair to Shaw they do say it combines the best features of Ruger, Winchester, Sako, and Savage. I thought one of the best features of Savage was the floating bolt head. I don't think the Shaw has that. Maybe it's the Accutrigger that makes it look like a Savage.

They will build you a rifle on one of these for $1500 or less. Half that is the action/trigger.

To be fair to Shaw they do say it combines the best features of Ruger, Winchester, Sako, and Savage. I thought one of the best features of Savage was the floating bolt head. I don't think the Shaw has that. Maybe it's the Accutrigger that makes it look like a Savage.

They will build you a rifle on one of these for $1500 or less. Half that is the action/trigger.

Probably tack driving awesome rifles in every way, but that goofy bolt. Guaranteed that they'll shoot better than I can, but darnit I just can't bear to be seen lugging that around. They're the rich, down-to-earth, Bible believing gals with a rocking body and a face you can't kiss. Someone could make a killing selling the Savage Action Brown Bag Treatment.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.