Where to buy Savage lightweight action ?

kukusya

Hello all,
Can you steer me in right direction where I can buy lavage 11 or 16 lightweight action. I'm looking to build budget lightweight rifle for deer hunting with-in 400 yards. I was personally looking at Kimber Montana but I hate safety selector on it.
No love for a Tikka ether.
Happy to hear advise or other options. Thank you

You might try Numric Arms in West Hurley, Ny. they carry a lot of Savage Arms parts

Why not just buy a Savage lightweight hunter? You could buy, sell parts as you wish from there. Who knows, you make like it in factory condition. That's what I'd do. The Howa Alpine is also very appealing and in the price range of the Montana.

Why not just buy a Savage lightweight hunter? You could buy, sell parts as you wish from there. Who knows, you make like it in factory condition. That's what I'd do. The Howa Alpine is also very appealing and in the price range of the Montana.
I planed to buy lw savage action, instal Douglas #2 fluted 18'' barrel, instal front iron sights and rear peep. on savage factory stock i will make two 2.5" long and 3/16'' wide lightening cuts on frontend left, right and bottom sides. and cut stock front 1.5''. then epoxy bed action and barrel. so i will have 5.5 lb 38'' long carbine in 7-08 for hunting with in 400 yards.

Understood. You could get the complete rifle, sell the barrel for $150+, if you don't like the stock, I'd bet you'd get another $100+ there. The savage number for the 7-08 is savage 19207, if you end up exploring that.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.