Where to buy Cerakote?

An oven would be great, even home-made. I'm into cars too, so I could powder-coat with it.. I'll have to look at oven plans.

An oven can be a simple as a piece of tin chimney pipe set on a hotplate with an oven thermometer.

The coating is not an issue in the dovetail. It goes on really thin and is super slick under pressure so the sights will just slide back in. It will compress without coming off.

I just found this thread while doing a Cerakote search. I just got done installing an upright compressor, copper airlines, paint booth, and blasting cabinet in my garage. I also built a curing oven out of a 14 gun cabinet, oven elements, a PID controller, thermocouple, duct board, and high temp sealant. If anyone is in Oklahoma, let me know and I can meet you somewhere and blast the stuff for free. I spent quite a bit for this set up and wouldn't mind helping someone out and feeling like it was not a waste of money. Plus, I am running out of things to blast and spray. You can also contact monument companies that make headstones and see if they will blast it for cheap. They use blasters to etch the headstones. If anyone has any questions on how to build the oven or where to get blasting media from, feel free to ask.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.