Sell my Savages for a few custom actions?

I think this is the way to go. I have a little 16" CarbonSix barrel in 6 Creed that I might stick on the Origin and drop into a Trekker. Hold my beer boys, I'm about to drop some coin.

Front Range Precision was excellent when I purchased my last action. Realistic lead time if not already in stock and great communication. I have used the short spiral and standard teardrop bolt handles, if I was starting over I'd get all tear drops.

Bucks Co! Quakertown to be exact. Did you hunt the public around here as well?
All 4 of our kids, and 3 grandkids graduated from Pennridge high, And a couple great grandkids are attending there now.
Years ago when pheasants were plentifull i hunted them all over Bucks county.
But never deer, always hunted them in the northern counties.
Had i been an archery hunter as well, i no doubt would have.

All 4 of our kids, and 3 grandkids graduated from Pennridge high, And a couple great grandkids are attending there now.
Years ago when pheasants were plentifull i hunted them all over Bucks county.
But never deer, always hunted them in the northern counties.
Had i been an archery hunter as well, i no doubt would have.
I bowhunt the public land around here. There is sweet little of it, but it holds deer.

Another option that takes Savage threaded barrels is an ARC Nucleus. I picked up a Gen1 and was able to use a barrel I had already.
I second this, the current Gen 2 Nucleus now has an Integral lug and they will most likely be doing a July 4th sale which will put it cheaper than the Bighorn Origin. With the ability to swap bolt heads it is easily possible to run the full range of cartridges with one action. My SA Nucleus has at one point or another been a .223, 18", 22", 26" and 28" 6.5 Creedmoor, 6.5 PRC and a smokeless muzzleloader.

I personally have 4 American Rifle Company actions and have had little to no issues with any of them. My Brother built a .300 Win Mag using a Gen 2 Nucleus and it is his favorite rifle.

I'm thinking around 6.5-7 without optic and rings.

I built a switch barrel on a Bighorn Origin with a switchlug for a quick switch barrel setup. All in with the rifle and rings, minus the scope, is 6 lb 12 oz. That does include a proof 22" sendero lite barrel, and an McMillan Game Hunter CF Edge stock.

I'm right in the wheelhouse then.
Definitely, it's a nice rifle for toting around.

e2b3d0471a6ae2c1211ddbe8135d2f32.jpg

Most of the actions mentioned here are all quality. Bighorn Origin can be had for $900 currently at Northland with no Tax. ARC nucleus run currently $1000 not sure about tax. You can go with remage style barrels on either or shouldered barrels. I prefer shouldered barrels and numerous barrel makers make "shouldered prefits" now for the Origin. I have the Nucleus, Origin, MacBros, Kelbly Atlas, Gunwerks, and Defiance Tenacity.

I like them in this order:
1-Tenacity
2-Origin
3-Gunwerks GRB and Kelbly Atlas TIE
4-Nucleus
5-Mackbros

The new Gunwerks GRB is $850 and represents a great value but does not include the 20 MOA bases any more. Not a deal breaker but adds extra expense. All the rest have bases. This is just personal preference, all are quality actions and most would be happy with any of them. Being left handed actions only come available at certain times so that's why I have a broad selection otherwise I would've had only Tenacity and Origins. My Mackbros action $600 is a RH action that will be given to my Son-in-law (another great value).

Last edited:
Northland Shooters Supply is where I've bought 3 lam 110 actions. I have 2 300wm and 1 338lm in 110 savage production rifles. I bought my 1st savage 110 about 7 years ago and I've been hooked ever since! I'll never waist my money on a rem gun or receiver. Actions based on the 700 footprint is a maybe.

https://northlandshooterssupply.com/
Northland tops, 6 barrels and tools from him.
Believe it was the father in law that started the business. We had some real good conversations.
"let walk down to the basement and see what I have"
They are good people