Where is the infamous NIGHTFORCE NX8 tight eyebox?

Glad you love your scope so much without even using it!
I would love to hear your expert opinion on it once you actually put it on a rifle and actually use it!
Lol, that was one of the greatest jokes i have ever heard. Seriously, i am a bit concerned with your comment: of course i know very well how is a scope when mounted just looking at it before installing it, as you should too. It's not rocket science. I handled and used so many scopes that, when i take one in my hand and play with it, i have a pretty accurate idea of how it will perform optically and ergonomically wise when installed. The fact that this isn't obvious is pretty weird! If we were talking about long term reliability or durability, yes, i need to use it extensively, i am not talking about this though.
So no expert opinion my friend, just talking about a freaking objective parameter: the eyebox.
For now yes, i like it, maybe it will fall apart during my first hunt and i will not like it anymore. It's like when you date a beautiful girl, like a 9, you like her also before banging her but you are always in time to change your mind.

I have the 2-20 Nx8,and like all things ,the reticle is small to me and I favor both the TMR and March F1 over it.I have the milc, Had no problem connecting on moving coyotes while deer hunting , or there larger cousin

Lol, that was one of the greatest jokes i have ever heard. Seriously, i am a bit concerned with your comment: of course i know very well how is a scope when mounted just looking at it before installing it, as you should too. It's not rocket science. I handled and used so many scopes that, when i take one in my hand and play with it, i have a pretty accurate idea of how it will perform optically and ergonomically wise when installed. The fact that this isn't obvious is pretty weird! If we were talking about long term reliability or durability, yes, i need to use it extensively, i am not talking about this though.
So no expert opinion my friend, just talking about a freaking objective parameter: the eyebox.
For now yes, i like it, maybe it will fall apart during my first hunt and i will not like it anymore. It's like when you date a beautiful girl, like a 9, you like her also before banging her but you are always in time to change your mind.
Buzby and zreed are having a lot of fun, glad for you! Make sure to follow my next threads guys :)

With those skills I hope you work for a scope manufacturer!!! It would save the scope maker so much money with your skill set!
I'm serious here!!! It would help to bring the price of scopes down with your expertise they would be able to get rid of most of their research and development teams.

Because if all you have to do is pick up and look thru a new scope and you can tell all that you are amazing!
I'll make sure and follow you on this forum Your quality scope analysis is priceless!!

Yes, 5x is the ideal magnification range in my opinion, also 3x is ok for me. Unfortunately there are no decent lightweight hunting scope in that category. SFP, Mil reticle, weight under 30 oz, adjustable parallax, illuminated, max zoom of at least 14x, 50mm bell pr more, decent brand. Aside for the crazy priced TT 3-15, i looked for it for 2 months before accepting i had to do compromises. That scope simply do not exists on the planet

With those skills I hope you work for a scope manufacturer!!! It would save the scope maker so much money with your skill set!
I'm serious here!!! It would help to bring the price of scopes down with your expertise they would be able to get rid of most of their research and development teams.

Because if all you have to do is pick up and look thru a new scope and you can tell all that you are amazing!
I'll make sure and follow you on this forum Your quality scope analysis is priceless!!
Oh boy, that was weird.. just a question: how old are you?

You could buy them under 1k from EO until a few months ago when they finally sold out. They still aren't hard to find I just now found them at two places In about 3 minutes.
3 minutes is a lot to write the name of a scope on Google search. Guess what, I live in Europe. And even if it was available 5 minutes from my house and discount 50%, i wouldn't buy it. I won't expand on this because this is OT :)

Now if someone has something to say about the topic in the title and in my first post, he is more than welcome. Since we are all adults, I hope this shitshow will end here. I will make my points clear once again:
1) i didn't ask about Trijicons. I wouldn't ever buy one over a NF, for several reasons which i will not write here cause i don't care. If someone wants to talk about Trijicons, he is free to make another thread on this
2) i hope you can stop the personal attacks. This is truly pathetic and i can't believe that in a forum i liked so much like this one, there are people attacking personally a guy who they don't know, won't ever know and who doesn't give a **** about them. Pathetic and childish.
3) if you have troubles predicting how a scope will be once you look through it when mounted, guess what, lokking through it when not mounted OR if you have issues getting behind this scope ( NF NX8 4-32×50 SFP- not FFP), go fishing, you are in the wrong place here! But then don't start going crazy over fishing rid brands, i beg you!! 😂

Edit:
back to the topic (hopefully): despite NF is a brand with a well deeseved reputation, it can happen that a scope doesn't fit someone's need and it can happen that a scope is not perfect from your perspective because of some manufacturer choices. Even withing the same brand and the same lineup, there are difference from model to model. In this thread i am talking about the SFP model, how many of the people saying the eyebox is tight has the SFP version?

Last edited: