Where is the infamous NIGHTFORCE NX8 tight eyebox?

Unfortunately there are no decent lightweight hunting scope in that category
You came to these conclusion's how? ⬆️⬇️
There are many people on this forum that would beg to differ.
(things always get much better when mounting scopes)
Forums are funny places
I agree .
Are you gonna hunt in harsh conditions? The swarowski quickly become a worse chiice than a scope which costs 1/5 of the price but has a mil reticle and an exposed elevation turret.
So you are saying here you would rather have a $400 scope for hunting than a $2000 Swarovski???
Once again.

"Forums are a funny place"

Lol, that was one of the greatest jokes i have ever heard. Seriously, i am a bit concerned with your comment: of course i know very well how is a scope when mounted just looking at it before installing it, as you should too. It's not rocket science. I handled and used so many scopes that, when i take one in my hand and play with it, i have a pretty accurate idea of how it will perform optically and ergonomically wise when installed. The fact that this isn't obvious is pretty weird! If we were talking about long term reliability or durability, yes, i need to use it extensively, i am not talking about this though.
So no expert opinion my friend, just talking about a freaking objective parameter: the eyebox.
For now yes, i like it, maybe it will fall apart during my first hunt and i will not like it anymore. It's like when you date a beautiful girl, like a 9, you like her also before banging her but you are always in time to change your mind.
Inappropriate or vulgar analogy used in your post. This could get you banned from this forum.

Inappropriate or vulgar analogy used in your post. This could get you banned from this forum.
Sorry, sounds a bit excessive but i take my responsibilities. I hope i won't get banned, next time i will use "making love" instead of "banging". My Y chromosome and the high levels of testosterone sometimes make me use "vulgar analogies", sorry if it was against forum rules. I will ask to a moderator, thanks for the tip my friend!

Last edited:
You came to these conclusion's how? ⬆️⬇️
There are many people on this forum that would beg to differ.

I agree .

So you are saying here you would rather have a $400 scope for hunting than a $2000 Swarovski???
Once again.

"Forums are a funny place"
Oh, finally we are almost back to the topic. Let me ask you one thing. Since we are on a long range hunting forum, i assume you are able or at least willing to hunt long range. You have a elk at 700 yards. Good stable position. Impossible to get closer in reasonable time. You have a custom build rifle capable of half moa accuracy and you can master the art. 7 mph wind from left to right. Would you prefer a 6000 dollars scope with a german IV and not exposed elevation turret or a 400 usd meopta with a marked elevation turret and mil/moa reticle to hold for wind?

Forums are funny places

So you are suggesting they put different glass in the 2.5-20?
I'm just stating my first hand experience looking through the 2.5-20 when I directly compared it to the 4-32x based on my own eyes. I ended up buying a 4-32x after looking through both then earlier December ordered 2 more of the 4-32x during the Nightforce sale.

You didn't notice tight eyebox because there is not tight eyebox. Simply there isn't. The SHV had a tight eyebox. Eyebox is not a subjective parameter like for example clarity or colors pf the image.The 4-32 hasn't any issue with eyebox, period. If you have issues getting behind this scope, you have to learn shooting from the bases, for real.
I didn't state they had tight eyeboxes.

Lol, that was one of the greatest jokes i have ever heard. Seriously, i am a bit concerned with your comment: of course i know very well how is a scope when mounted just looking at it before installing it, as you should too. It's not rocket science. I handled and used so many scopes that, when i take one in my hand and play with it, i have a pretty accurate idea of how it will perform optically and ergonomically wise when installed. The fact that this isn't obvious is pretty weird! If we were talking about long term reliability or durability, yes, i need to use it extensively, i am not talking about this though.
So no expert opinion my friend, just talking about a freaking objective parameter: the eyebox.
Well thanks I've had a good laugh reading this thread tonight.
There's no way to do any accurate assessment of the eye box until you've mounted the optic and gotten behind the rifle..

I'm one of those guys who found the eye box on the 4-32 to be tight.
I owned mine for about 8 months and during that time I tried really really hard to love it, in the end though it didn't compare optically to scopes half the price and I moved on.

I tried out a sfp model last spring and again was completely underwhelmed, especially given the $2000 price.
NF is about 10 years behind the competition in optical quality with these scopes..

Dumpster Fire GIF by Scorpion Dagger

I have the 2.5-20 SFP and like it a lot. I do not have any Issue with the eye box. I had the 4-32 and disliked it ONLY because it was FFP. All my other scopes are SFP NXS I can't see how guys like or can get used to a FFP scope myself. I have never had an issue with SFP and much prefer my reticle staying smaller relative to what I am aiming at VS covering more of what I want to shoot with the FFP. Not sure why guys think they need FFP but to each their own if it helps them be all they can be. I don't believe NF is behind the rest of the scopes. There isn't a stronger, more user friendly, reliable optic on the market. Their price point is lower than a lot of lower end scopes now days. My 2 cent.