When is enough, enough.....

You know what we call that right? Yup, we call that bull$# 😂😂😂

It's never enough. There is always something new or better that draws us to be even better shooters and hunters. Well at least for me.

New bullet, new rifle, new scope, etc, etc.

Unless you have complete total self control then you can stop when ever you want. Now, why would you want to stop? I have no clue! 😂😂😂

When is enough 'enough'? I don't flippin' know. I spend hours putting these **** things together- weighing this and sorting that, bumping shoulders to exacting tolerances, using busing dies for consistent neck tension, measuring CBTO's, run-out tolerances below two thousanths.
Then I take these perfect little polished freedom seeds to the range only to get crappy ES/SD's and a target that looks like a handful of 00 buck went through them and THEN my BUDDY brings his crappy little ghetto loads - unpolished brass so brown they look like sun baked desiccated dog turds with powder charges weighed on a bathroom scale using crappy maypop bullets with runout like an unbalanced truck tire and he shoots single digit ES and cloverleafs.

Well screw him and his ghetto garbage loads!

I'm going to buy that AMP annealer.

Hello everyone,
Long time listener, first time caller.
Question...where does a guy stop reaching for more stuff to buy, more equipment to try etc ect. I started reloading in an effort to try to create better ammo than the factory **** on the shelves. I consider myself an intermediate reloader who shoots factory rem/win/brn rifles...nothing fancy- certainly not a target or bench guy.
Where do you draw the line for a hunter/plinker? I started out adding a digital scale, then a bullet comparitor to up my odds for improvement. Now I'm waiting on bushing dies, micrometer seater dies, shoulder comparitors and am about to dive into more stuff to measure concentricity....having not fully mastered the bench full of items I currently own!

Where's a decent stopping point for a hunter and casual shooter? I feel like a crack whore jonesing for her next hit.....I can barely find enough components to complete a cartridge let alone think about getting into serious reloading.

Thinking I should have taken the blue pill...
Skies the limit!!!! 🇺🇸

My hand loading equipment is exactly how I need it, don't need any additions. ( apart from the items I trashed a couple of weeks ago)
My problem is dies, as I have built or bought half a dozen rifles of differing cartridges in the last 18 months. Some have been in the same cartridge.
Lucked out on a couple of needed die sets, but still require an additional 4 sets.
I have several rifles in the same cal, and I don't like using the same dies between rifles, so each rifle gets it's own set.
Haven't had much difficulty getting bullets or brass, but powder has been a nightmare until about 3 months ago. Oh, primers we're really hard to get, lucky I stockpiled early on.

Enough is enough when you can no longer improve on what you're already doing. I have come to that conclusion with reloading equipment AND cartridges.
Just because it's NEW doesn't mean it's BETTER!

Cheers.

Great question, and my wife and I have been getting rid of stuff all over the house. It's genuinely a freeing experience. Life is less stressful, and we have time for things that matter. Stuff takes up space, costs money, and takes up our time to manage it. We've found the idea of "more is better" is a lie! Specifically for guns and reloading, just buy what you need, not what you think you'll need or just want to have. If you buy a newer, better piece of equipment, get rid of the older one. Like you said, they are hard to find right now. Someone would love the opportunity to buy it. No reason to let it sit there and collect dust.

Last edited:
I thought I had everything I needed, but NO. Last week I purchased an A&D scale. Said to myself "got everything I need". This week I am now trying to talk myself out of purchasing an AMP annealer. So, not sure it ever ends. Good luck
Has to laugh because I checked tracking on my AMP. Got my A&D AutoTrickler etc little over a year ago…. so Just buy the AMP, mine arrives Sunday. Cuz the sooner you get it the more you will get out if it, as you have already bought it in your mind.

Hello everyone,
Long time listener, first time caller.
Question...where does a guy stop reaching for more stuff to buy, more equipment to try etc ect. I started reloading in an effort to try to create better ammo than the factory **** on the shelves. I consider myself an intermediate reloader who shoots factory rem/win/brn rifles...nothing fancy- certainly not a target or bench guy.
Where do you draw the line for a hunter/plinker? I started out adding a digital scale, then a bullet comparitor to up my odds for improvement. Now I'm waiting on bushing dies, micrometer seater dies, shoulder comparitors and am about to dive into more stuff to measure concentricity....having not fully mastered the bench full of items I currently own!

Where's a decent stopping point for a hunter and casual shooter? I feel like a crack whore jonesing for her next hit.....I can barely find enough components to complete a cartridge let alone think about getting into serious reloading.

Thinking I should have taken the blue pill...
I was just thinking the same thing. There's a point where you have enough I guess. On the other hand it's a great hobby so as long as it's not harming family time, why not?

reaching for more .... If anyone has vaccine for this, it is a difficult thing to cope with. Everytime you turn around there is some new or more advanced piece of equipment with reloading items. You think you have all the dies you need, then out comes a new rifle caliber that you just HAVE to have to keep up and here you go again, more die sets, etc. Next thing you know the old safe is creaking from overload and you have to get a new one. It's worse than any drug addiction, but I love it. It's a constant challenge to best yourself that is the challenge to me, to sort out what works and what doesn't. Good luck!!!

Recent Posts