What's in your user name?

I'm a big crystal Gayle fan got back stage and met her started wearing her tshirts to guns shows get free to some of them because of it I became a regular at a restaurant on the way home the girls for a year and a half did not know my name they would just call me crystal gayle I'm more known as her than my own name I even told crystal this
Would have guessed that!

I'm a big crystal Gayle fan got back stage and met her started wearing her tshirts to guns shows get free to some of them because of it I became a regular at a restaurant on the way home the girls for a year and a half did not know my name they would just call me crystal gayle I'm more known as her than my own name I even told crystal this
Oh I can understand the fascination. I always wanted to make her brown eyes blue!

When I first started handloading, I stumbled on a whole pile of equipment for next to nothing at an auction. I bought the whole mess. 9 or 10 presses, garbage bags full of wads and hulls, buckets of brass, 84lbs (seriously, we scaled em for a guess at how many) of primers of all kinds, buckets full of pulled bullets, dozens of boxes of new, like 25 1lb jugs of powder, a half barrel full of ball powder, etc... like a whole heaping pickup load of stuff. 800 bucks. I spent days haling all that stuff into my man cave and building shelves to hold it all. In a week I went from "I think I'd like to try handloading" to basically having a hoard. A good friend was over and I was gloating over my prepper pile. We joked about how I might as well go into business and what I'd call it. I'd gotten the tongue in cheek nickname Biff (from back to the future) in high school because of my ham handed, gearhead way of blundering thru things at times. So He took a piece of paper and pen, wrote "Biffs Reloading Palace" as an official business name, all crooked, then thumbtacked it over the doorway. That paper is still in my bench drawer 20 years later. This forum and single action forum are the only 2 I'm on with that name, and haven't been called that in so long I can't remember. It was a joke, that stuck.

Last edited:
I went to a small city school and my grandparents had a farm. I was always on the farm and I wanted to farm when got out of school. Which is what I'm doing now. In 8th grade (1989), a female classmate started calling me Cornchuck. Like how much wood can a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood. But the saying was with Cornchuck. I hated it at first. Everyone started calling me that. I let it go and it grew on me. So I adopted it as my nickname. All through high school, I was know as Cornchuck.

Jason