What's in your user name?

Got my nickname on the 1st day of 1st grade. Teacher was taking attendance and found she was missing a Joni. She then realized that she had not called my name and asked for my name. I told her it sure as h___ ain't Joni. Coincidentally, that was also day I made my 1st visit to the principle's office where I received 3 swats from a mini canoe paddle. Thinking it couldn't get much worse, I was greeted to calls of "Joni" at recess. I took the biggest loud mouth to the ground, pinning him and shoving grass in his mouth while telling him my name was Jon, just Jon. Two others met the same fate at lunch.

This is a great thread!

After I started getting interested in long range shooting I signed up for a few discussion forums. Until that time I had focused on USPSA pistol competition for a fun challenge. Their range commands go:
1. Make ready
2. Shooter ready?
3. Standby ..... (beep to start)
(a. If there is a safety infraction yell STOP)
4. If you are finished unload and show clear
5. If clear, hammer down, holster
6. Range is clear

So I chose Shooter Ready
I'm glad you explained that one. I always thought you were announcing a vacancy in the restroom. (im joking...dont throw a shtr)

I'm a big crystal Gayle fan got back stage and met her started wearing her tshirts to guns shows get free to some of them because of it I became a regular at a restaurant on the way home the girls for a year and a half did not know my name they would just call me crystal gayle I'm more known as her than my own name I even told crystal this

Recent Posts