What to do in Fairbanks AK?

Troutslayer2

I am traveling to Fairbanks for the first time and I've given myself a full day to see some sights. I'll be there in late June. Any suggestions? I will have a car.

There used to be an outdoor museum called Pioneer park. If you are into local history it is interesting. You might see what is going on for the Summer Solstice. When my brother was going to college at UAF there was a Midnight Sun festival around that time. My family lived in Wasilla, so we would drive up to visit by brother . I moved south in 1994, so a lot could have changed.

Hey, one of the more interesting things is the museum at UAF. There's a small aviation museum, a restored stern wheel ship, and a bunch of vendors in small cabins at Pioneer Park. There's the Morris Thompson cultural center and an ice museum downtown.
Take Care

Northern lights
June and Fairbanks are not going to equate to Darkness enough to see Northern Lights. I'm going to defer to other people on what to do in Fairbanks, the only thing I've ever done is go to the hot springs but that's usually in the winter. My second favorite Fairbanks activity is leaving...

Fairbanks has some good road systems you can get to a lot of places but with only a day your options are really limited. I really enjoyed living there for a year but mostly because we got out of town every weekend.

I am traveling to Fairbanks for the first time and I've given myself a full day to see some sights. I'll be there in late June. Any suggestions? I will have a car.
Head for Humpy's Great Alaskan Alehouse, 5000 W International Airport Rd, Anchorage, AK 99502, the best fish and chips in town and they don't spare the fish, great beers as well. Cheers

Hey, the Turtle Club is a good place to eat its in Fox about ten miles north of Fairbanks. The Pump house and Pikes are also good places and they are both right next to the Chena river that runs through town. They both have decks also. You could do the Discovery stern wheeler tour, if I remember correctly it's about 4 hours long. Kind of touristy, but since that's what you are it's pretty interesting.
Take Care