What to do in Fairbanks AK?

No worries, putting it in perspective this state is huge.

If for some reason I was in Fairbanks in late June, I'd a.) Question my decision-making paradigm looking in a mirror b.) Take the other guys advice for places to go for food c.) Go to the hot springs for the Midnight Sun and to see all the crazy Korean and German tourists that seem to always be there. It's pretty Prime people watching.

Only thing worse than Fairbanks in the summer is Fairbanks in the winter.

Folks already mentioned some of the history stuff and museums. If you want to head over toward North Pole there's the Knotty Shop which is supper cool and Santa Claus House is kind of a neat picture opportunity.
That "North Pole" was a cool place we really enjoyed it on our trip up North well worth the time. Cheers

Wow and I thought Casper was a pit..... heading to Fairbanks for 10 days the second week of June so maybe we'll have some luck killing time?

Wow and I thought Casper was a pit..... heading to Fairbanks for 10 days the second week of June so maybe we'll have some luck killing time?
Fairbanks has interesting history. It's a goldmining town that failed, that became an military town that failed, that became an agriculture college town that failed, that became an oil town that failed, that became a college town that struggled/s, that's trying to be a military town again🤣

My wife and I were there touring Alaska prior to a moose hunting trip. As we came into town from Valdez, there was a turn-off to the South...for the North Pole. The taffic sign was a definite photo op.

We also took the Haul Rd north to the Arctic Circle. That's where they have the stone monument you see in all the Alaska ads with the sign for the Artctic Circle. There's a shop on the way up that will give you a certificate for going to the Circle, and you can also get a t-shirt there. Check-in on the way up, and pick up the merchandise on the way back.

UFO watching in the evening sky's can be exciting if it's your thing. Be safe and have a great time...Love Alaska. If you get to stop in Wasilla , say hello to Sarah Palin.

New me kid Actually North Pole, son lives there just going to visit and sightsee. Line up moose and grizzly hunting for next year