What to do in Fairbanks AK?

Again.. geography people. Last fall a rifle I'd been on the hunt for almost half a decade for popped up on a local classifieds in Fairbanks, I got up that morning from anchorage at the bcod and drove like a scalded dog picked the rifle up refueled and drove home took about 15 hrs. In June traffic with half the van life hippies in the world on that highway... going from Fairbanks to anchorage and back for fish and chips at humpys would take the day...

Geography man... it matters.

Fairbanks and where this incident occurred are as close as boise and Portland.... like telling someone in western Montana to watch out for the surf...
Yes yes yes.

Sorry, It was my way of getting this story into a discussion. Didn't feel as though it deserved its own thread. So now I'll apologize for hijacking ops thread and making myself seem more ignorant on Alaskan geography than I am.
If that's the worst I screw up today, we'll be ok😂

No worries, putting it in perspective this state is huge.

If for some reason I was in Fairbanks in late June, I'd a.) Question my decision-making paradigm looking in a mirror b.) Take the other guys advice for places to go for food c.) Go to the hot springs for the Midnight Sun and to see all the crazy Korean and German tourists that seem to always be there. It's pretty Prime people watching.

Again.. geography people. Last fall a rifle I'd been on the hunt for almost half a decade for popped up on a local classifieds in Fairbanks, I got up that morning from anchorage at the bcod and drove like a scalded dog picked the rifle up refueled and drove home took about 15 hrs. In June traffic with half the van life hippies in the world on that highway... going from Fairbanks to anchorage and back for fish and chips at humpys would take the day...
Aaaah Humpy's and the halibut taco

I second the Turtle Club, the prime rib and king crab were awesome. We stayed at the Pike's Waterfront Lodge and had a great stay.

Fairbanks also has some good breweries. We went to Latitude 65 and thought their beer was tasty. Enjoy!

There's excellent grayling fishing all the way out to Chena Hot Springs if you're headed that way. Any of the water access points for the Chena river will put you in dry fly heaven for grayling. You could also soak bait for burbot but that usually requires an overnight.

There's an excellent vintage automobile museum on the north side of town that's worth a visit. They tried some interesting machines for crossing snow back in the day.

There's a couple outfits that will have a dog team cart you around a trail if you'd like to try that. I believe they operate on wheels in the summer.

There's not too much else in fairbanks proper. You're sitting in the bottom of a smoggy valley far from anything. Most of the reason I'm there is for the fall/winter hunting and trapping seasons.