What suppressors do you guys like?

I have several, the only thing I don't like about the TBAC (which I have) is that it doesn't lock mechanically.

I have several, the only thing I don't like about the TBAC (which I have) is that it doesn't lock mechanically.
Please explain. Are running a direct thread?

It took a couple of weeks for Silencer Shop to get me the final ATF docu sign after going through the Kiosk. Now I get to wait for ATF. Ultra 7 direct thread.

Please explain. Are running a direct thread?

It took a couple of weeks for Silencer Shop to get me the final ATF docu sign after going through the Kiosk. Now I get to wait for ATF. Ultra 7 direct thread.
I'm using the muzzle break adapter for it so you tighten it on by hand. I've read stories of (mine is a gen 1) of people over tightening them and having a hard time removing them. Because of this I only tighten mine as tight as I can with one hand but it has come loose 2 times and when I say loose it was never in danger of coming off.

My 7.62 SOCOM 2 has a locking ratchet system which won't allow it to ever come loose.

I have a AAC SDN-6…I like it I also have the silencerCo 46 hybrid and 36m..I like them too. Don't know if it is the best but what I am using and they work

I like the idea behind Gunwerks' brake and suppressor mount with the release screw built in to help avoid the stuck brake issue. I look forward to more comments on the Gunwerks Six suppressor specifically if anyone shoots one.

I'm using the muzzle break adapter for it so you tighten it on by hand. I've read stories of (mine is a gen 1) of people over tightening them and having a hard time removing them. Because of this I only tighten mine as tight as I can with one hand but it has come loose 2 times and when I say loose it was never in danger of coming off.

My 7.62 SOCOM 2 has a locking ratchet system which won't allow it to ever come loose.
What firing schedule makes it come loose? I use TBACs on rifles that generally have relatively slow schedules and having to crank it tight every once in a while isn't an issue for me. I've never actually noticed my CB mount can ever get lose.

I have several SiCos where the direct thread insert comes loose on faster firing schedules, but not to the point I'd change a 600+ yard rifle to their ASR system.

I use the Sico ASR system on my ARs, and it works very well, especially on 300 BLK blaster subs that I run very quickly.

It is interesting that I have not heard anyone complaining about a suppressor they have. They all seem to work as designed. Some are lighter, some are quieter, and some have less POI shift. I prefer lighter and minimal POI shift.
There is truth to the statement that suppressors can and will come loose off the barrel. But like I said above, in my experience it's been highly dependent on how quickly I put rounds down the tube.

I've screwed a muzzle brake off a hot barrel accidentally, instead of the ASR mount can screwing off and leaving the brake behind as it should the brake came off the barrel stuck inside the can. Even threadlockers come loose at certain temps, I used red Loctite 272 which is rated up to 450*f... obviously not enough to pull it off when it's hot, but 271 Red is only rated to 300*f.

It is interesting that I have not heard anyone complaining about a suppressor they have. They all seem to work as designed. Some are lighter, some are quieter, and some have less POI shift. I prefer lighter and minimal POI shift.
This is exactly why I like to talk with people like the folks at the silencer dealer that have used all the cans in question. I also like to watch head to head tests with cans in the same class (rifle/pistol/rimfire/hybrid). I have shot a bunch of them and have started figuring out a lot more of the specific limitations.

Here is my latest attempt at Hollywood quiet: 357 TC with handloads 158grn/1000fps and a Silencerco Hybrid46

Attachments

• TCSuppressed.jpg
    TCSuppressed.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 23
I have Gemtech, Elite Iron, Surefire FA762SS and AEM5. I like the coupling scheme of the AEM5, very solid. The muzzle must be cut exactly to the dimensions spelled out by the manufacturer. There are two pieces the suppressor bottoms out to; the barrel collar and the muzzle device.

Crane use this system on their 18 inch MK12 SPRs. The can slides over the barrel reducing the overall signature of the suppressed barrel.

15085165402521709498190001.png

Last edited:
What firing schedule makes it come loose? I use TBACs on rifles that generally have relatively slow schedules and having to crank it tight every once in a while isn't an issue for me. I've never actually noticed my CB mount can ever get lose.

I have several SiCos where the direct thread insert comes loose on faster firing schedules, but not to the point I'd change a 600+ yard rifle to their ASR system.

I use the Sico ASR system on my ARs, and it works very well, especially on 300 BLK blaster subs that I run very quickly.

There is truth to the statement that suppressors can and will come loose off the barrel. But like I said above, in my experience it's been highly dependent on how quickly I put rounds down the tube.

I've screwed a muzzle brake off a hot barrel accidentally, instead of the ASR mount can screwing off and leaving the brake behind as it should the brake came off the barrel stuck inside the can. Even threadlockers come loose at certain temps, I used red Loctite 272 which is rated up to 450*f... obviously not enough to pull it off when it's hot, but 271 Red is only rated to 300*f.
I use it on a AR-10 chambered in 6.5 Creedmoor at the range. Tightening it up occasionally isn't an issue but I feel like there are but I was commenting on what I didn't like about it. I realize there are tradeoffs in everything I just want my cake and to be able to eat it to.

Recent Posts