How often do you clean your rifle suppressor?

How so? Really would like to understand the risk.
Google "CLR on metals". CLR has a bunch of posts about which metals it can and can't be used with. Any time a product has that many "cautions" it scares me. Sounds like any metal that has no covering is likely safe, but I wouldn't want to risk it on an expensive suppressor. Not to mention, I'd be scared it could possibly compromise the integrity of the metal/connections? Maybe…maybe not…. Just something to watch out for!

Attachments

• IMG_0668.png
    IMG_0668.png
    51.3 KB · Views: 11
I think CLR can cause damage to a lot of suppressors that aren't titanium. Just be careful. That being said, that stuff works great!
Yep, the Mask internals are titanium and they were fine. Idk what the end cap coatings are but it didn't hurt them either. However, next time I won't use CLR on them. The big graduated cylinder worked great. I probably wouldn't by one if I didn't have already it. Not glass anyway.

Yep, the Mask internals are titanium and they were fine. Idk what the end cap coatings are but it didn't hurt them either. However, next time I won't use CLR on them. The big graduated cylinder worked great. I probably wouldn't by one if I didn't have already it. Not glass anyway.
I use a foam ear plug into the caliber exit hole. Then I put it in a pvc pipe to hold it upright. I put a dowel across the bottom of the pvc pipe so if any CLR leaks through the foam plug it won't pool around the outside of the suppressor and start eating the nitriding. Not sure if you can visualize.

Oh yeah. That makes sense. I can pull my baffles so it's easy to just soak them. The Sandman-L, Primal, and Ghost, if I'm not mistaken, have fixed baffles so I'll have to do something else with those.

Oh yeah. That makes sense. I can pull my baffles so it's easy to just soak them. The Sandman-L, Primal, and Ghost, if I'm not mistaken, have fixed baffles so I'll have to do something else with those.
Ohhhhh. That's fancy! My tbacs are all 1 piece.

So, with all I am reading, best way is to weigh and clean when you could a couple oz of build up. CLR is great, but can damage the stainless threads. I will say, if something can get messed up, I will do it. I may go with some other type of carbon remover.

So, with all I am reading, best way is to weigh and clean when you could a couple oz of build up. CLR is great, but can damage the stainless threads. I will say, if something can get messed up, I will do it. I may go with some other type of carbon remover.
Boretech has a suppressor cleaner now. Never used it but I'm sure there are more. I just send my to thunderbeast have then do it and refinish it for free once a year

After about 6 years of constant shooting I finally cleaned my TBAC .22lr takedown.
I used the vinegar and peroxide method and holy crap was it dirty.
Let it soak overnight and that stuff came off with ease.
When I was done my suppressor looked brand new again.
They don't recommend the CLR method on them due to the stainless steel baffles.

I clean my 22 cans and I have found my 9mm and 45 cans also need cleaned eventually just un burnt powder etc.

on rifle cans I have never clean oned And believe the take apart ones are just more things to fail or come unscrewed when you don't want it to.