What suppressors do you guys like?

The majority of my hunting is from a box blinds so the shorter length is quite handy.
A year ago I would have been dismissive since I normally hunt out of a blind also, but danged if this year I didn't slam my suppressor into the tin roof of a small blind and make every single deer head visible jerk around like I was a naked drunk in the middle of Times Square at noon. It probably only lasted 15 seconds before they all went back to browsing, but it felt like several life times as I was trying to hold my 13# rifle still in midair with my face way too close to the window.

First time in my life I've cussed over barrel length, and it was a 24" 30-06 with a 7" can, so 4" shorter than the usual 26"/9" I normally take out.

Last edited:
I had a similar situation this past year with my 24" bbl 6mm CM and an Omega on it. I didn't spook any deer but trying to maneuver it inside a double blind was very tricky. It was like trying to twirl a boat oar inside the blind. My next rifle will have a 20" bbl, maybe 18", especially if the rifle is going to be used from fixed stands.

I year ago I would have been dismissive since I normally hunt out of a blind also, but danged if this year I didn't slam my suppressor into the tin roof of a small blind and make every single deer head visible jerk around like I was a naked drunk in the middle of Times Square at noon. It probably only lasted 15 seconds before they all went back to browsing, but it felt like several life times as I was trying to hold my 13# rifle still in midair with my face way too close to the window.

First time in my life I've cussed over barrel length, and it was a 24" 30-06 with a 7" can, so 4" shorter than the usual 26"/9" I normally take out.
When that happens you get a new sense of just how quiet you can say bad words lol.

I had a similar situation this past year with my 24" bbl 6mm CM and an Omega on it. I didn't spook any deer but trying to maneuver it inside a double blind was very tricky. It was like trying to twirl a boat oar inside the blind. My next rifle will have a 20" bbl, maybe 18", especially if the rifle is going to be used from fixed stands.
I just sent my Ruger No.1 V off to get threaded. It'll **** off the purist, but it'll be like having a 24" barrel rifle since the entire package is so short. I think it'll be perfect for blind setup.

A year ago I would have been dismissive since I normally hunt out of a blind also, but danged if this year I didn't slam my suppressor into the tin roof of a small blind and make every single deer head visible jerk around like I was a naked drunk in the middle of Times Square at noon. It probably only lasted 15 seconds before they all went back to browsing, but it felt like several life times as I was trying to hold my 13# rifle still in midair with my face way too close to the window.

My friend, I had the exact same experience, it was like turning on the lights in a room full of cockroaches. This is why I consider an over-barrel design to begin with.

I personally use whatever I can get the best deal on. Which happens to be SiCo. This seems like a Ford vs Chevy post.

I'll toss another out there

Griffin Recce series

I ran one of these on a work rifle and thousands of rounds through it. Very impressed with how it held up. It's only 5-6 inches long (Recce 5) so sound reduction wasn't as good as some longer versions but it served its purpose (room clearing) very well.

I now own two, the 5 and 7. Only complaint is weight but it's built like a tank so I can live with it.

Also an honorable mention for the AAC cyclone direct thread. Ran the poop out of one of these and if you want a quiet, direct thread, no frills can this will do it. I don't care much for their trash 51t,71t,90t or whatever they call the quick connect system. Seen it fail too many times.

Next one will be a TBAC to see what all the supporter stuff is about ;)

Thunderbeast has proven its worth time and time again for us! Great customer support from the manufacturer that truly has put out a wonderful product in the ultra 7 series.

We have several Tbac ultra's on the shelf - if we can help give us a ring!