What suppressors do you guys like?

Tbac ultra 7 here i think it is your best option between the 5 and the 9. It is light doesnt make the rifle too long and sound quality is awesome. I did get a short barrel 6.5 to play with which is fun but also had it on my 25" 300wm for elk this year and it wasn't bad at all. Definitely long but not miserable

I'm one of the few goofballs that doesn't mind hunting with the Ultra 9 (even on a 26" barrel).
Nah you aren't goofy. I don't know how other guys think, but to me 2" more of suppressor is like a short action vs long action. Yes it's a difference on paper, but a little more barrel/can length not something I'm really going to notice in general, and definitely won't when I'm behind the rifle. I will notice the change in volume from 5" to 9" to 11" though, so I use big cans.

It's just splitting hairs to me to talk about overall barrel/can and action length... and this is from someone who's certifiably nuttier than squirrel ****, to the point I own five different comparators to measure headspace, and will absolutely die on the hill of anyone claiming ES being less than 25 FPS is off their rocker and deluding themselves. 🤣 🥜🌰🦫

I have 2 Omegas and can't find a fault in them yet. One is setup for the ASR brakes and the other for direct thread. I got them at first to use mainly on AR15 and AR10's with the brakes from 223, 6.8, 300 AAC, and .308s

However, I added an ASR brake to a very accurate Proof CF barreled 6mm CM to try out the repeatability on a bolt gun and it's been flawless. I wanted to see if the constant removing and adding back on with the brake would show shifts or accuracy issues but I haven't experienced anything yet to pass on. I really have been impressed to say the least. Some reviews show the Omega as being just OK compared to the TBAC UL 7 but I just haven't seen a reason not to give it a full 100% referral.

Friends with more experience than I with long range hunting using suppressors say the TBAC UL 7 (or 9) is the best. I will most likely get one at some point but the Omegas have been legit.

I have a SilencerCo Omega & an AMTAC over-barrel suppressor.

Of the two my preferred is the AMTAC, because of the reduction of the o/a length of the rifle suppressor combo. The two primary CF rifles that are used suppressed (6.5 CM & 308W) have 22" barrels so the o/a length is more manageable. It does require a direct thread attachment, so if that is an issue to you then this isn't the one.

At the time I purchased this, I believe it was called the 7.62 Sniper. They list a MANTIS-P 30 Cal now.

Mine is 9" o/a with 5" or 6" of the device behind the muzzle.
It weighs about the same as the Omega. Sound reduction difference between the two to the shooter (me) is minimal if any at all.

The majority of my hunting is from a box blinds so the shorter length is quite handy. I do an annual 10 day horseback Elk/Mule deer hunt as well and again find the shorter o/a length easier to manage, and didn't have to buy a longer rifle scabbard.

I started with SiCo, 7.62 Specwar, .45 Octane, 338 Harvestor which I have ran on all my big bore magnums and it's stupid quite and takes out all the recoil. Down side is that it's longer and heavier then a lot of others. My buddy son who just turned 11 and weighs about 65 pounds has been shooting it on MY 300RUM for the last couple years and loves it. So it's very effective. My latest is a Dead Air Nomad Ti, and at 9oz you cant feel the difference with it on the gun. As I'm getting older the less weight I want to carry and the reason I went with it. So far using it direct thread on my smaller calibers, its nice and will try it on the RUM here shortly and just ordered the E brake for it so no input on that yet but it's very quite and very light. So if your looking for something for a hunting rifle and weight is a priority check it out, you won't be disappointed. Here it's mounted on the RUM with new E brake and a Armageddon Cover

Attachments

• 158CC3BE-3133-4899-8D47-ECB132D33198.jpeg
    158CC3BE-3133-4899-8D47-ECB132D33198.jpeg
    435.4 KB · Views: 43
I wish I could get one in New York. The last time I used one was in NAM ( tunnel hunting )
Not that I saw every thing in Nam by a long shot, but what did you attach a suppressers to. The only thing I saw suppressers on were M-14. Now I carried a CAR-15 and a 1911 45. There wasn't anything to attach a suppressers too. Most tunnel rats used a 22, 9 shot revolver if they could get their hands on one. I used a 1911 45. The other is that would create a very long pistol or revolver, which would be hard to use in a tunnel. Or at lease the one's I went down. "D" Troop 3/4 Cav, 25 Inf. Div.. 1969. And yes I was a combat medic too. They were called tunnel rats at that time. I was call the crazy medic. Somebody had to go down. Almost nobody would. Only the few and the crazy did.

Not that I saw every thing in Nam by a long shot, but what did you attach a suppressers to. The only thing I saw suppressers on were M-14. Now I carried a CAR-15 and a 1911 45. There wasn't anything to attach a suppressers too. Most tunnel rats used a 22, 9 shot revolver if they could get their hands on one. I used a 1911 45. The other is that would create a very long pistol or revolver, which would be hard to use in a tunnel. Or at lease the one's I went down. "D" Troop 3/4 Cav, 25 Inf. Div.. 1969. And yes I was a combat medic too. They were called tunnel rats at that time. I was call the crazy medic. Somebody had to go down. Almost nobody would. Only the few and the crazy did.
Thankyou for your service, crazy or not!😜

I have a Dead Air Nomad and a Nomad L. I can definitely tell a difference the added length and volume make. If you would like to hear some shots from the Nomad 30 (recorded from a phone) you can check out my review here, just scroll down until you find a November 30th review with 3 videos. One is my 6.5 PRC, my 308 and a 7mm-08. Will be working on getting some Nomad L videos once the weather gets a little better and I have some time. The price is also good for the features. You can hear how the Nomad sounds great, but the Nomad L is mainly like hearing a "zip" of a shot instead of a small "pop" like you would get from a 22lr. It's pretty amazing, but if I had to do again, I'd get the Nomald Lt version for the weight savings. Not that any of my rifles that I hunt with suppressed are light lol. Most form 4 cans are great these days, I'll just say don't pay form 4 prices for something you can build with commonly available supplies and form 1. Pay form 4 money for things you can't do, like a fully welded can. If I was dumping $1k+ (+$200 for a stamp) in a can I'd buy the CGS Hyperion.

Last edited: