What rifles are you planning to use in the 23/24 deer seaon?

Will probably hunt whitetail here at the house. Need them to go down fast so probably will use this…..
IMG_9087.jpeg
IMG_1105.jpeg
IMG_1101.jpeg
IMG_1100.jpeg

Most likely, I will use one of my 25-06's, the 6RemAI, the 260AI and one or two of my Contenders 30-30Ai and one of the 7mm's. If the hunting is going well, I will cull a few does with one of the 223's and the 22-250AI. The old farm in the South allows for 1 deer per day, so hoping to try a few calibers there, and then a couple in other states.

yes I know but as a reloader I would like test proven data from other reloaders who have tested max powder rate just below pressure signs and accuracy. which powder companies wont due to liability issues.
You can't do that! It doesn't mean squat. Look at the target I posted as an example in post #143. Sierra lists max load with a 120 grain bullet as 42.0 grains of IMR 4064 and Nosler lists 39.0 grains max for a 123 grain bullet.
My rifle maxed out at 40.5 with 123 ELDM. There are too many variables to go by what someone else's rifle and components maxed out at. Different brands of brass and primers can give completely different results. Different lots of brass, primers and powder can give different results as well. Every rifle is different. The chamber is different. The throat is different. The head space is different. The barrels internal dimensions and finish are different. The twist rate may be different. The number of lands and grooves may be different. Bullet seating depths change pressures as well. You can't safely go by the results of someone else's experience. As a good, safe reloader, you need to work your load to your rifle and components. There is NO substitute! So, my advice to you is to do your own load work up with your specific components, in your rifle and don't be one of those guys that endangers himself and anyone else around him by trying to shortcut the process and save a few bullets or some powder. Do it correctly. Be a safe reloader. Keep yourself and others safe as well.
The data that bullet and powder manufacturers publish is a starting guide, NOT an ending point. It also wouldn't be wise for anyone to PM you data of their results for the same liability reasons as why you think the powder and bullet manufacturers publish what they do.

Last edited:
You can't do that! It doesn't mean squat. Look at the target I posted as an example in post #143. Sierra lists max load with a 120 grain bullet as 42.0 grains of IMR 4064 and Nosler lists 39.0 grains max for a 123 grain bullet.
My rifle maxed out at 40.5 with 123 ELDM. There are too many variables to go by what someone else's rifle and components maxed out at. Different brands of brass and primers can give completely different results. Different lots of brass, primers and powder can give different results as well. Every rifle is different. The chamber is different. The throat is different. The head space is different. The barrels internal dimensions and finish are different. The twist rate may be different. The number of lands and grooves may be different. Bullet seating depths change pressures as well. You can't safely go by the results of someone else's experience. As a good, safe reloader, you need to work your load to your rifle and components. There is NO substitute! So, my advice to you is to do your own load work up with your specific components, in your rifle and don't be one of those guys that endangers himself and anyone else around him by trying to shortcut the process and save a few bullets or some powder. Do it correctly. Be a safe reloader. Keep yourself and others safe as well.
The data that bullet and powder manufacturers publish is a starting guide, NOT an ending point. It also wouldn't be wise for anyone to PM you data of their results for the same liability reasons as why you think the powder and bullet manufacturers publish what they do.
BS

Looking forward to shooting my new to me Bergara Premier 300 PRC Ridgeback with Hornady Match 225 white box. This is my first new bolt rifle in over 20 years and I am amazed with how far things have come! I will be bringing a much lighter custom 7mm Rem if I am heading any real distance from the truck though!!