What rifle to build

Ok, so when I get stressed I build things, and considering that life kicked me square in the ba**'s at least a half a dozen times this week I thought I'd start working on a new rifle to get my mind off of things. It'll spend most of it's life sitting in a tree stand/blind chasing whitetail, black bear and hogs, but never pass up an opportunity at a stray coyote or bobcat. Occasionally it might go after mule deer and pronghorn but never elk or moose. So what should it be, a 6.5 creedmore? 308? Chassis or stock? What action, Tikka, Bergara? What trigger? What glass, Night Force? Vortex? Mark 5? Point me in the right direction. Budget with glass is around $4k.
I believe if you only retain the action yet bin everything else, then how good is that action? Also where there's a catalog of tools to 'accurise' an action then you're trying to turn pigs droppings into strawberry jam! My suggestion is s factory stock Tikka action/barrel/trigger with a McMillan stock using the VX5-HD you can tweek the stock OEM trigger pull down to one pound. They're very crisp you just need to grind down the adjustment allen screw slightly, it hits the trigger assembly screw as it's backed off. Calibre; the choices for <300 yards are infinite but the comments regards excessive recoil are 100% correct!! BTW a silencer over a muzzle brake every time.

Ok, so when I get stressed I build things, and considering that life kicked me square in the ba**'s at least a half a dozen times this week I thought I'd start working on a new rifle to get my mind off of things. It'll spend most of it's life sitting in a tree stand/blind chasing whitetail, black bear and hogs, but never pass up an opportunity at a stray coyote or bobcat. Occasionally it might go after mule deer and pronghorn but never elk or moose. So what should it be, a 6.5 creedmore? 308? Chassis or stock? What action, Tikka, Bergara? What trigger? What glass, Night Force? Vortex? Mark 5? Point me in the right direction. Budget with glass is around $4k.
Id either get a 308 Win. Id have said also consider a 6.5 PRC though ammo for 6.5 PRC is relatively hard to find right now. The other choice that is between 6.5 CM and 308 is 270 win but I think the ammo choices at 308 trump the 270 Win options as well. I have a 6.5 CM and I like it but prefer a bigger hole and larger bullets if Im only going to have one rifle. As far as brand, you can buy a Seekins on Gunbroker or Midwest Gun for about 1700 and that leaves you 2300 for a scope. Get a Leupold VX6 HD 3-18 for around 1700 and youre done!

7mm-08 120gr Hunter Hammer
Awesome deer hunting rifle

The 6.5 Man Bun will do everything you want to do but since you mentioned black bear I would go 308 Win. If you handload my answer would be 284 Win. It would be just about perfect for what you want to do but Winchester is the only one who offers it in a factory load. Others to consider would be 7mm-08 Rem or 260 (AI).

As far as rifles go in a factory gun, Sako 85 Finnlight 2 in 308 $2299.99 or the 85 Carbonlite $2899.99.

If you are going full custom buy a Terminus Zeus with the switch barrel option and get a Bartlein prefit barrel 20-24" in the weight and contour you want. Action $1525, Barrel $899.
Timney elite hunter trigger $149.
Drop it in a KRG Bravo to start with and upgrade later $349. Hawkins UL Tac rings w level $160. Talley Ultra Lite 20 moa rail with level $120.

Scope: Leupold VX5HD CDS 3-15x44 HTMR or Fire dot $999-1099.

If you catch some of the items on sale you should be right around your 4k budget. If you chose not to go switch barrel you could go with one of Terminus's or Curtis's other offerings and be easily within your budget.

6cm if you can find bullets I am 6mm rich on guns and bullet poor in today's market I would shop for the bullet and build around it .if I had to make a choice today I would look at 25's ,6.5's,7's only because of the lack of 6mm bullets .as far as actions are concerned I don't care as long as it shoots and when it comes to stocks if I hunt with it or target shoot I make the decision based on what I am going to use it for just my opinion but I am really tired of looking for 6mm bullets .good luck and most of the fun is laying in bed at night dreaming of the next gun you don't have.Have patience and build what you intend to use it for and you will be happy.i have always been a Rem 700 man and I have shot against just about everything.one is one hole and barrel is usually the most important part.

I haven't found any large rifle primers for over a year, but have 2K small rifle primers coming to add to the 2400 I already have. 22-250 barrel is close to shot out so I'll rebarrel in 22 Creedmore necking down the hundred Lapua 6 Creedmore small primer brass sitting on the bench. I'm on several lists for Berger 30 cal 245 grain EOL bullets. When I finally get some I'll have the beginnings of a 300 Norma Improved with a Defiance action, 28"Bartlien or Krieger heavy varmint taper barrel on either an XLR chassis or Manners EH1A stock with a trigger tech trigger, suitable rings, NF 7-36 ATACR TMOA SFP and APA brake. I need a longer range elk rifle than my 300 WSM. Just need a spark to start the fire.

I'm a chef by trade. The best dishes are often inspired by whatever ingredients are available. This is also true of my rifle builds. I have minimal skill and tools, so all of my rifle builds are off of Savage actions. For example: I always wanted a 7 Rem Mag. One day, I saw fantastic deal on a McMillan stock inletted for a Long Action Centerfeed savage. I bought it, and boom, had my first piece of that rifle. Now, I just had to source the other parts, which took all of about a week. Another example was that I had a spare centerfeed short action laying around and decided that I wanted to build my son his first rifle. Originally, I wanted to do a 6x45, but after not being able to find a barrel in stock, I stumbled upon a 16" CarbonSix barrel in 6mm Creedmoor on clearance with a muzzle brake installed. It was more than I wanted to spend, but it was a better option for a beginner rifle. That rifle has taken shape nicely.

So, browse around and look for a good deal on one piece at a time, then let the other pieces fall into place. For me, It adds another layer of fun to the build. I kind of like not knowing what the finished product will look like. Plus, it also leaves me more margin for compromise.

Bon Appetit.
Recalls Johnny Cash's song "I Got It One Piece At A Time." Hoping your build is as successful. :) :) :) Merry Christmas. Happy New Year.