What to build!!

7mm saw, hands down. Lol
Looks like a slender flute would fit the stock better than a Cf from pic. Spiral flute cut more weight than a straight flute
I believe the heaviest barrel channel that can be inletted in that stock is a #2b, so cf isn't even an option. Just narrows the choices!!

Thanks for all the input. Just ordered two Bart 2b barrels, will just get both fit so I can change them as needed. Did 8 twist for 260ai and did 9 twist for 7mm08ai. Planning on spiral fluting for barrels and now just have to figure out Cerakote color! Thanks for the help fellows.

Might do this fluting to match bolt!
1C8F4D12-01B1-43CF-9A5D-A43B81CF6E91.jpeg

Thanks for all the input. Just ordered two Bart 2b barrels, will just get both fit so I can change them as needed. Did 8 twist for 260ai and did 9 twist for 7mm08ai. Planning on spiral fluting for barrels and now just have to figure out Cerakote color! Thanks for the help fellows.
Two most excellent choices!!

Not sure your bullet choices, but if you plan on going with longer bullets, you really might want to consider one of the extended mag box options, that will help both of those cartridges get their full potential. The Bainey 3.100" box would allow the .260 AI plenty of room to seat the bullet proper even with the long 156 EOL, or if your a copper guy, the longer mono's will have room to breath as well, and same with say a 168 or similar from a 7mm-08 AI. Just an easy modification to the mag box mortise and the bolt stop, and your in business and will never have to worry about OAL being an issue!

If you are looking to add a longer wyatt style box, 6.5-284 or 284 would be a hands down winner for me.

Yeah kinda figured there ain't a ton of meat on that 2b. My plan is to just make it a nice quality build and give it to my dad when I finally get out of mil and move back home next year as a present. He has never had nothing but low end Walmart rifles and think it would mean a lot to him. Again thanks for all the inputs fellows!

With the 260ai, and likely the 7-08 depending on bullet preference, spend money on a longer mag box. Im loading for one that struggles as a repeater because of the silly short bdl box. You wont regret either of those rounds, other than the cost of dies.

.338 Federal depending on where and what you hunt?
It will kick too much I think.
6 mm REM AI?
If it were mine, I'd just build a great .308 or 7mm-08 with an 18-20 inch barrel.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.