What priming tool do you use?

RCBS universal. But after 35 years of ems and a couple dislocated fingers from Meth heads. I might have to switch. I'll sit and do 500+ cases at a time and by the time I'm done I know it. Maybe the CPS is in my future especially if it's as fast as claimed.
I highly recommend it to anyone with hand issues. Also is very accurate in depth.
Just this passed weekend I tested several depths with a known seating depth, and was surprised that I could 'walk' the groups in or out.
The only thing I added was a rubber band that goes around the front of the unit and behind the dispensing arm so that it has some pressure keeping it forward, without it there was at times a misalignment.

Cheers.

I bought two of the RCBS Universal models several years ago. Neither would fully seat primers with 100% reliability. Both required considerably more effort than similar tools. I returned both and got a 21st Century tool. The Universals are often well liked, but I have seen criticisms. However, I may have just gotten a couple of bad ones.

I've been using the RCBS since they came out with it and have 5 different ones set up for the 5 different calibers I routinely shoot. I have picked several up at garage sales and flea markets for almost nothing and find it easier to keep the correct shellholder in each one and marking them with the caliber.
I have my Dillon set up with automatic bullet feeder, automatic case feeder and automatic primer feeder for. 223/.556 which I shoot Prarie dogs and Rock Chucks with.

Last edited:
I've used a couple of the Lee and one RCBS hand priming tools for rifle over the last 45 years. Just switched a few months ago to the Frankford Arsenal hand primer and really like it.

I have the rcbs bench mounted one. Absolutely crushes whatever nerve runs though the crotch of my hand. After watching the interview with Cortina, I'm saving for one of @orkan CPS primers. Probably worth the wait to save and buy the best.

Bought the Hornady very happy with it, was gifted a Lee and a RCBS also both work very well.
For mass production of my HG and 223 have RCBS APS bench priming tool. I sit down load up 5k primers at a time in strips and prime up several range trips worth of brass.
Always wanted to buy a 21st priming tool with dial indicator but I'm pretty confident (and VERY happy with) I'm getting all the accuracy I can out of my 100% factory rifles now so I felt it wasn't a justifiable expense.

Curious what everyone is using to prime their brass? When I started reloading 8-9 years ago I bought the universal rcbs priming tool. It's time for an upgrade.

Sinclair and 21st Century look nice. Not sure how I feel about single loading and touching every primer.
Frankford arsenal

Started off using the priming fixture on my Rock Crusher back in 1980. Some years later, got a RCBS hand primer. Then got another one later on. One for small primers and one for large primers. Just got a Primal Rights CPS for Christmas. I'll use the CPS for all of my rifle and the RCBS hand primers for my pistol.

Got a Primal Rightss CPS one order now. About to be spoiled. Have an RCBS bench priming setup currently, which to be honest is a good tool and has served me well. The CPS is more of a vanity purchase.

Got a Primal Rightss CPS one order now. About to be spoiled. Have an RCBS bench priming setup currently, which to be honest is a good tool and has served me well. The CPS is more of a vanity purchase.
Dang that is awesome! One day a CPS will be in my future!!! I thought I hated trimming until i had a couple hundred cases to prime haha. Keep us posted on your thoughts.