What priming tool do you use?

SealT5

Curious what everyone is using to prime their brass? When I started reloading 8-9 years ago I bought the universal rcbs priming tool. It's time for an upgrade.

Sinclair and 21st Century look nice. Not sure how I feel about single loading and touching every primer.

RCBS automatic primer tool. No primer handling. Get a flip tray as well.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211216-131132_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20211216-131132_eBay.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 107
  • Screenshot_20211216-130910_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20211216-130910_Chrome.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 123

I used to use a handheld RCBS universal, with my carpal tunnel I just can't anymore. Keep it for limited use but the CPS is a production machine. I put it on an Inline Fabrication quick-change plate, two screw to take loose and it sits nicely back on the shelf out of the way. I have not really put it through the paces to check the precision that it's supposed to offer (but I believe Greg and I'm looking forward to being able to), yet even without using arguably the best benefit the machine offers I still think it's worth it.

Yeah right on the cps lol. I almost bought one years ago when he released them.

I like the K&M without the indicator. I definitely want something that uses shell holders. Not a fan if the universal type

I have the K&M indicated, RCBS Universal hand primer and a CPS unit.
The hand priming tools are no longer used, I have a hand condition and any pressure on the palms is very painful.
Even using the press handle makes my hands sore.
The CPS is a fantastic tool, it is true to it's name having .001" increments in primer depth.

Cheers.

I've used the 21st Century for several years for priming everything. Very good quality tool. When I consider how much I use a priming tool, cost is insignificant.

Recent Posts