What is your $ bullet limit?

Lol, last year I shot my elk with a Sierra 30 cal. 180 grain game king, looking at the box it cost me .19 cents, bull elk before that 180 grain Sierra pro hunter, .06 cents apiece. I have enough of both to last a lifetime, I've looked into all cooper but can't bring myself to spring for $1.00 + apiece.
And it still died? 😉

I'm a stalwart anti-lead-in-the-game hunter. I switched to Barnes decades ago when I saw shinny flecks in the wound.

Before just a couple of years ago, the last rifle bullets I bought were in the 70s. I am fortunate in that I don't remember how much they cost back then, so less heartburn now. In the last 2 years I have paid anywhere from 20cpr to 45cpr, depending on what it is and what it is for. Same with powder, long time ago I just reloaded for hunting, so a pound of powder would outlast my memory.
Unfortunately, I do remember what the last primers cost me, and that does give me heartburn, but if I need to shoot I have to get over it.

I remember 10 cent Coke A Cola ,
Cigarette .25 cent a pack. Ethal gas .35 cents a gallon. By God The Good Old Days. 😎

OK, while we're discussing the "ancients"…..I remember nickel (5 cent) cokes, but I can't remember what the bottle deposit was. There was a coke machine in a big (probably only about 20' x20') open pavilion at school, where a lot of kids hung out at recess…..the lucky kids had a nickel 2 or 3 times a week!

And, few years after I got married bought gas for my 68 Ford Torino GT 390 for 18cents/gallon…… there was a gas war going on at the time! 😁 memtb

Last edited:
Well I guess you could say the ammunition and reloading components have brought the anti's dream to fruition.....a truly amazing turn of events..this coming from a lifelong DEMOCRATIC GUN LOVER !! See there are lefties who do the same things as you...
So, you prefer higher taxes, dead babies, and lack of freedom. Is that correct?

All Soda bottles were. .10 deposit .
When I delivered news papers I would look for bottles on the side of the road, and collect them and cash them in for a soda and cigarettes. 😎

OK, while we're discussing the "ancients"…..I remember nickel (5 cent) cokes, but I can't remember what the bottle deposit was. There was a coke machine in a big (probably only about 20' x20') open pavilion at school, where a lot of kids hung out at recess…..the lucky kids had a nickel 2 or 3 times a week!

And, few years after I got married bought gas for my 68 Ford Torino GT 390 for 18cents/gallon…… there was a gas war going on at the time! 😁 memtb
Well you must be Older Than Dirt. 🤣🤣🤣

Or……start casting bullets with free wheel-weights! Inexpensive shooting, quite lethal, and with a much longer killing range than with bow and arrow!

While we're comparing apples and oranges! 😉🤔 😁 memt

That would work great for muzzleloader...

I hunt exclusively with Hammers. I'm currently shooting them in 14 rifles. Yes, they do cost a fair bit more, but they are almost always in stock. I cannot count the number of posts I've seen here where a member is desperately searching for their unicorn bullet a month away from a big hunt. Also on the plus side, I've never shot a bullet that makes load development so quick and easy. If OCW takes more than 15 shots, I likely did something wrong.
Well Frank that makes two of us! I didn't say I was Republican or Democrat. Next time don't just assume something about someone you don't know. I've been a registered democrat all my life. Can't say I vote that way in anything other than local though.
I vote for the person best suited for the job.
Although I have been entertaining the idea of changing to Republican like so many others I know have told me they've already done.
Have a great day
Might as well democrats and republicans are the same nowadays.