What is your $ bullet limit?

I dont have a limit on cost. If I want it I buy it. But my rifle dictates what I buy. I usually buy a good assortment of bullets I like to buy then when I find the combo I am happy with for its intended purpose then I just buy a lot of that bullet. This hobby is way cheaper than my other Hobbie. Saltwater fishing and boats. It's not even close.

Switch to archery and spend $15 for arrow shaft (or more), $10-15 for broadhead(or way more), then fletching, but shoot them 100 times or more. 😉

Or……start casting bullets with free wheel-weights! Inexpensive shooting, quite lethal, and with a much longer killing range than with bow and arrow!

While we're comparing apples and oranges! 😉🤔 😁 memtb

All this bullet talk and prices of reloading in general has me thinking.🤔
1. What is your max limit for purchasing a box of 100qty bullets for hunting?
2. Is there a too much ?

I know on powder, some guys are digging in their heels at $40-50 thresholds. Where others don't necessarily care as long as they have it. ($50-90)?
OK, I'm old and stingy and not rich. Price often is an object. My fixed income does not allow for some of the price hikes I've been seeing recently. I just spent a little over $200 on 500 bullets, but that was for 3 different calibers, and some are experimental, I don't know if I will buy more of those bullets until I try the ones I just ordered yesterday.
I don't like to pay more than 50 cents for a bullet. After all, the price is the same whether I hit the target of not.

I've been doing pretty well lately, recently got 130tmk for 37 cpr and 140 eldm & 143 eldx for 34 cpr. I can work with that. I did reevaluate what I need and thin down my cartridge selection to make reloading more efficient but shooting more than ever

Not directed at you, @bultinkle - but in response to the two previous posts;

I do not understand the logic.

Why would you spend $.50/bullet when. You could spend $.15!?!?

Eating-Popcorn-Soda.gif

All this bullet talk and prices of reloading in general has me thinking.🤔
1. What is your max limit for purchasing a box of 100qty bullets for hunting?
2. Is there a too much ?

I know on powder, some guys are digging in their heels at $40-50 thresholds. Where others don't necessarily care as long as they have it. ($50-90)?

I think I am a natural born experimenter. Therefore, I tried the Hammers when they first came out. Now I will pay whatever they ask to get the performance I became used to.