What is your $ bullet limit?

I dunno, @memtb

Come hunting season around these parts, judging by some of the strings of shots fired it sounds like it might take some folks a whole box of shells to get their deer.

Based on that, I can understand the desire to economise 🤪
Maybe more. I hear that in Montana too. Utah is worst. It could be group shoot too. The more the marrier.😁 I hunt with other people, but mostly in my own direction, and not together.

I dunno, @memtb

Come hunting season around these parts, judging by some of the strings of shots fired it sounds like it might take some folks a whole box of shells to get their deer.

Based on that, I can understand the desire to economise 🤪
Maybe more. I hear that in Montana too. Utah is worst. It could be group shooting. The more the marrier.

OK, while we're discussing the "ancients"…..I remember nickel (5 cent) cokes, but I can't remember what the bottle deposit was. There was a coke machine in a big (probably only about 20' x20') open pavilion at school, where a lot of kids hung out at recess…..the lucky kids had a nickel 2 or 3 times a week!

And, few years after I got married bought gas for my 68 Ford Torino GT 390 for 18cents/gallon…… there was a gas war going on at the time! 😁 memtb
I am old enough to remember low prices too, but I also remember at the time a good builder paid $2.00 an hour for experience and $.95 an hour for laborers. The market has always figured out just what you can afford.

I am old enough to remember low prices too, but I also remember at the time a good builder paid $2.00 an hour for experience and $.95 an hour for laborers. The market has always figured out just what you can afford.

Exactly! My first home (that I owned) was a brand new, turn key, 3 br, 1 1/2 bath, single car carport, on a decent sized city lot……$18,200.00

But, I was only making about $500.00/month…..it's all relative! memtb

Not directed at you, @bultinkle - but in response to the two previous posts;

I do not understand the logic.

Why would you spend $.50/bullet when. You could spend $.15!?!?

View attachment 476216
It depends on what you want and expect from the bullets.
I shoot a lot of paper. Mostly at 600 yards out of a 6BR. I do not expect the paper to die or bleed. I have tried several different types and brands of bullet. What I want from a bullet is consistancy. Most of the time there have been one or two brands that work every time, and that is usually Berger. If you are talking about hunting bullets, I have had both good and bad luck with Sierra and Nosler. Hornady often has bullets that work well, but sometims the ones that my rifle liks are out of stock. They must be popular. My XP100 seems to like just about any bullet that weighs around 139 to 145 grains but I only shoot that one out to 200 yards, and still not on live game. I have never had good luck with what some companies call factory seconds.