What is your best deer rifle

Nosler M48 in 270. Loading the 129 LRX to see if it likes them, positive results so far. Been a 270 of one make/model since I was able to shoot one.

I have 2 gun cabinets crammed full of rifles and the 270 always seems to make it to the hunt.

#1 - Weatherby 25.06 topped with a Vortex 5 x 25 x 56mm flinging handloads...have not lost a deer yet. 95% make it less than 50 yards.
#2 - Browning A bolt 30.06, Leopold 3 x 9 x 50mm, again handloads.
#3 - Marlin 336 30-30, iron sights, handloads. Thick woods

Will have to add my son has 100% recovery with his Remington 700 6.5 Creedmoor and a Vortex 5 x 25 x 56mm (although I don't own one, I'm impressed with this cartridge's performance on whitetail deer)

I use a 243 savage 110L , Leopold vx 2, 50 mm, for deer in open country shooting. 100 grain nosler partitions handloaded.

For brush shooting I have a win model 100 in 308. Peep sight . Using 180 grain nosler partitions for deer and moose.

I think you should match your rifle to the shooting conditions. old243
What load are you shooting in the .243?

Hi guys, hey what's your best deer rifle, mine is a Browning A bolt 30-06.
Haven't tried it out yet but this 6 dasher with 64 grain Berger hp's at 3700 fps is truly going to do magical things!!!!!

Attachments

• IMG_2458.jpeg
    IMG_2458.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 36
I am having a 6mm br built for my next year f-class and got some 100gr speer btsp to have her hunthing deer
That'll do the trick just fine!! That's my intended build originally for my next hunting rifle then I picked up a 6 dasher barreled action and wow I think it's exactly what I've been searching for!!! I may have an ultra light Wilson barrel chambered in 22 dasher that I have laying around as well!

That'll do the trick just fine!! That's my intended build originally for my next hunting rifle then I picked up a 6 dasher barreled action and wow I think it's exactly what I've been searching for!!! I may have an ultra light Wilson barrel chambered in 22 dasher that I have laying around as well!
My shot in average are 200yds with potentiel 300yrds so no dout it will do!

6 dasher is great, I got the brass for the 6mmbr and just to much hook on the br not to try it 😅