What is the rifle you passed by that you regret not buying

Marlin 336 Deluxe Texan in 35 Rem. about a month ago. Was down with the flu and just couldn't get motivated. Price was $2000. Still regretting this as it would have fit in with my Marlin collection. It has been going through my mind many times. LOL
Do you get on MarlinOwners.com ? You may find what you want there. I see quite a few nice rifles for sale there.

Not exactly long distance but I had a chance at a Holland & Holland Royal double rifle in 450BPE with 200 rds for 2000, back in 1980. I worked in a gunshop and this came in. Cased with all accessories. Was expecting my son and had better places for the $2,000.00. Still regret it.

There are not many firearms that I have serious regret for not buying. If I had the ability to see the future, there would be a ton of different decisions I would have made. Timing and situation are the primary factors that create regret for me. My biggest regret was not being prepared to take advantage of once in a lifetime opportunities. Either not having the cash or checkbook in hand at the time of the opportunity. Absolute auction I happened by after deer hunting that morning. Raining and cold that day. Two people showed up. 250 acres of prime hunting land sold for $45,000. I begged the auctioneer to let me bid, but he rejected my plea. No checkbook with me.

I have have many rifles that I passed buy but two from the same guy really made me wish I had bought them both .They were a weathetby V in 338-378 kt and a original 1895 Winchester in 405 win.He wanted $1500 for both and they were in super good shape .A friend bought the 338-378 kt and converted it to full 338-378 Weatherby. THAT 405 looked new so did the other one .That was in 1998 back when a dollar was worth something.
A Weatherby Mark V® Royal Ultramark in 340 Weatherby and a couple of 7mm weatherby Magnums, I should have bought back in the late 1990 and in early to mid 2000's. Oh well, that's how it goes.

Recent Posts