What is the dumbest thing?

I told this story before but here it is in detail
Me and the owner of a local gun shop where at a public range sighting in rifles for customers a guy drives up unloads a lead sled stacks a few bags of lead shot on it drags out a brand new Holland and Holland double rifle with a Schmidt and Bender scope. We look at each other I start to say something my buddy says shut up the guy is a class a jerk. This guy touches off the double, scope brakes off, we take off running to the pistol range laughing so hard our sides hurting then he comes down there scope in one hand rifle in the other rifle stock split from the tang to butt and ask what to do
Now I've seen a lot in 57 years but this takes the blue ribbon for karma the guy is really is a class a jerk

The most ridiculous thing I ever heard came from a "guide". He was more like a client transporter but he was referred to as our guide.

The "guide" was telling the hunters that he preferred a 30cal cartridge because by the time the bullet gets to the animal it is no bigger than a 7mm. I thought he was joking but asked how he figured that. He responded that there is so much friction with the air that the bullet diameter burns down!!

I asked him if he ever recovered one of his bullets from a dirt bank but got no answer.

It's funny that Hornady has just realized that their tips were melting. Wait until they figure out what's happening to the rest of their bullets. :eek:

The most ridiculous thing I ever heard came from a "guide". He was more like a client transporter but he was referred to as our guide.

The "guide" was telling the hunters that he preferred a 30cal cartridge because by the time the bullet gets to the animal it is no bigger than a 7mm. I thought he was joking but asked how he figured that. He responded that there is so much friction with the air that the bullet diameter burns down!!

I asked him if he ever recovered one of his bullets from a dirt bank but got no answer.

It's funny that Hornady has just realized that their tips were melting. Wait until they figure out what's happening to the rest of their bullets. :eek:
Now that's funny

On the other hand i have witnessed and pulled off some crazy things, some repeatable and in my case the gun gets put away "and that the way its done" because I know it was pure luck ;-)

Our Gang Alfalfa Buckwheat Pete the Pitbull I remember..OH and of coarse Darla!
She kept everything riled up!
You got the Ok Boomer thing?
I have been waiting to drop that bomb, just have not seen one of my own age friends since I heard the saying. I run around with 40 somethings, and am waiting for it myself.

I want some of THAT powder!

Hate to tell this story. So I have this friend, super nice guy. He reloaded, but used another friend's equipment as he wasn't allowed by his wife to have powder, primers ect at home. So a month or so before season he goes and loads up 20 rounds of 270 ammo and heads to our back yard range.i wasn't there so I'm going off what he remembered. He said when he pulled the trigger he heard a boom and things went black. His hand hurt, he had blood spots all over his face. Said his ears were ringing pretty good. When he could finally focus he said his gun was in several pieces, scope(leupold) was split in half . When I seen him a week later and he told me what happened and I said you must of accidentally loaded handgun powder and no matter what ditch those shells!
Well he got a new gun, rem 700 270. Somehow got a new scope out of leupold. The dumb s.o.b. Proceeds to take the new gun , and loaded ammo from first accident to the range. Yup! He shot it!
this time it blew his thumb off, almost blew his eye out, blew the windshield out of his truck, hood of a truck is the best rest for precision sight in work, and he soiled his pants!
Couple weeks later I ask if he was gonna hunt opening day of rifle season, I didn't know about the second episode yet, and he says no, hunting was too dangerous!

I have one more good one. So a guy I know, friend of a friend, called me and said he bought a muzzleloader from someone at work but didn't know much about them. He then tells me it's already loaded and would it be ok to shoot it. I say no, I'd pull the plug and clean it first as you never know how long or what it's loaded with. Well when I seen him a week later his eyes are black and blue, swelled up and looked like he was hit between the eyes with a hammer. I asked him what happened. He say, well i shot that gun and it kicked the snot out of him and he threw it away!he said it looked ok but didn't want any more of that! I really wanted to find that gun just to see what it looked like.

My own dumbest thing was a long time ago before I knew better. A friend and I decided to buy matching Ruger super Blackhawk 44 mags. Well ammo was expensive and we decided to try loading our own. We got a very simple setup and bought lee dies with the dipper scoops and a chart. We proceed with loading ammo and headed to the hills to try our loads. Well we start shooting snd something is wrong. We can see our bullets in flight and they are not near as powerful as the store bought stuff. So we go back and figure we didn't use the right scoop and get a little bigger one. We load up some more ammo and head back out. Well we got more power out of our ammo! about the same time as the hammer fell 3 huge fire balls erupted from my gun, one out of the muzzle and one on each side of the frame. Recoil was much more than anything we'd shot out of them before. We both looked at each other and tossed those shells in the creek. The two weekends we spent doing yard work for the guy down the street In trade for reloading lessons was well worth it. He told us if we weren't shooting Ruger things could of gotten bad quick

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts