What a helluva thing is this.

royinidaho

On the local news last evening there were people who moved into our end of Idaho to get way from heavy populations and traffic bitching about the more recent move ins who are causing the same problems here. Now go figure that.

Even in little old Blackfoot there now is rush hour traffic. Two good things about that are 1) rush hour is only 15 minutes, well maybe only 10, long and 2) I can avoid it except when I neglect to remember.

Also they are bellyaching about an average commute of 24.5 min one way. Sheese:rolleyes:

Send there whinning arsie down here to altanlta for a week or 2.Then they will be saying the 24.5 min ride one way is a cake walk and be asking the police to slow traffice down up there during rush hour.

I do 14.2 miles in bumassnowhere MS.....and its only a 2 lane them folks must have it rough....but rough is 53 miles to the nearest wallie world!

i left my house to meet my elk hunting buddy at his house its 100miles i left at 6 am i got there at 9:30 am . i live 16 miles from work i leave there at 4:20
pm i get home 5:00 normally but sometimes 5:30 all pm

JIM

Traffic? Commute?

Naw...I live 300 yds. from MY WORK....and traffic...there ain't! But I was over near Atlanta last week and I can tell you now that there ain't enuff money in all the banks of Atlanta to make me live within 100 miles radius of that place!! If God wanted to send me to hell....all he'd have to do is send me to Atlanta, New Orleans, Chicago, NYC. or anywhere on the 'Left Coast'!!

32a7.jpg

Oh...I don't know that feller in the photo cuz he's lost 45# of gut since that was taken!

Now...I'll be able to climb the mountain better lookin for the 'bulls'!!

Sharpsman,

Sweet ride. Like the Satloc guidance. I was for a time a Satloc ground dealer. I do variable rate precision ag stuff. My commute is measured in feet. From the kitchen to my office is about 20 feet.

Just got down from taking some aerial photos, the starting point for variable rate fert/seeding/etc files. Local frarmer owns/flys a Balanca Scout. Was a nice afternoon. As we were taxiing to the end of the runway I noticed an AgCat. And asked who belongs to that. He said "my sister and I". I busted a gut. You should have heard his story of flying it from Lewiston (North) Idaho to Blackfoot (South) Idaho through those large wild fire areas. I bust another gut during that tale.

Sharpsman/Roy

A question for you guys maybe you can tell me and a buddy been wonderin this......Why are 99.9% of AG planes yellow with a black or blue strip on em? I mean yalled look cool as hell with a Roy red whit & blue rifle paint job.....Just a interesting thing we've noticed in MS about the spray planes wondered if there was a reason for it!

BY THE WAY ROY I NOW KNOW WHY YOUR CRAZY IF YOU FLY THOSE FOR A LIVIN! I crewed Army rotor tops but YALL CRAZY FLYIN THOSE AG PLANES! BUT MUST SAY YALL PULL SOME BAD *** MOVES IN EM!

I don't fly 'em. I just ride with pilots that do. Between their ag experience and back country experience I feel pretty safe. All I do is run the gps and camera.

What's really fun is looking for strays after round up in the mountains. We get down not quite close enough to read the brand but can darn sure see the color of that 3 sq inch ear tag.:cool:

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts