What is everyones REALISTIC dream animal to hunt?

As I sit here all red faced, I am sorry for my inability to read. How I could make that mistake, I don't know. I'll just go crawl under a rock.

I'm all good with hunting Osama. Hunt him down and put his head on a stick.

With much humility, Steve

No worries Steve, I know some who would say that, but thankfully most people on this site don't seem to be like that, at least enough to say it out loud.

As I sit here all red faced, I am sorry for my inability to read. How I could make that mistake, I don't know. I'll just go crawl under a rock.

I'm all good with hunting Osama. Hunt him down and put his head on a stick.

With much humility, Steve

That was good for a laugh!
Once as I was holding my 3 year old niece I tried to quietly pass gas. Well it roared like a wet lion! She so pleasantly looked up at me and said "It is okay we all make mistakes sometimes"

So many choices . . . hmmm . . . warthog, maybe?

Then again, a plentiful prairie dog town is a lot of fun . . .

But a field full of feral hogs and plenty of ammo; there's no bag limit or season!

New Zealand red stag, elk, a bear, kudu, scimitar oryx are my top choices. However I would also love to go out west for a mule deer antelope combo!

I was lucky enough to be one of the last white hunters to get their license in Botswana, Africa. I will tell you that nothing is quite like hunting elephant, it is not the killing or the difficulty of shot, but the time spent within throwing distance of the worlds largest land mammal. I cannot tell you every facet of the expirence, nor do I think words can capture it. I lived that life for four and a half years and took 16 elephant, 8 buffalo, 6 leopards, 4 crocks, 2 hippo, and 1 lion, and thousands of plains game.

but now I have more important things to do see!
newfromafrica005.jpg

copyrightleo.jpg

darreleli.jpg

marc13.jpg

For those of you who want to go, I say do it and do it now, life is too short to let another day go by without letting yourself live some dream.

Argali Ram
Rocky Mtn. Bighorn in MT- I have a lot of bonus points built up towards this one!

I realized one of my dreams when I drew a shiras moose tag against all odds in Montana last year. Never give up the dream and sooner or later the tag gods will smile upon you.

IMGP1215.jpg

Right at B&C

Thats one darn nice Shiras Moose!
My (Realistic) dream is to hunt moose in the Yukon, and Brown Bear in Alaska.
My not so realistic dreams include Mtn Goat(Ive snuck up on them for fun) and Big Horn Sheep. I see both species in Oregon, and I see the sheep multiple times a year, but drawing a tag for either is nearly IMPOSSIBLE.
So I guess for now Ill stick with the usual routine of Black Bear, Elk, and Mule Deer in Oregon and Idaho. I have loads of points for Speed Goat, but I never seem to draw for them, but theyre on my ''hit list'' for Oregon too.