What's would be your "DREAM HUNT" ?

ol mike

What would be your dream hunt -if you could go anywhere in the world and hunt one or two species of animal ?

And what would be your dream rifle of choice for that hunt ?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mine would be a predator calling trip to africa for hyena and blackback jackal.

I'd use my 25-06 rem. 700 for sentimental reasons -had it since 1979.

A two week long float-trip in alaska or NWT would be great to...neither one too far fetched i don't guess.

Dream Hunt

Stone sheep in British Columbia, combined with Mtn. Caribou. Actually while we're dreaming here, might as well through Moose and make it a 21 day affair.:D

Mike an african predator hunt would be cool, when are we going?

I think some type of big cat would be cool, maybe a high mountain hound hunt for cougars. Throw in a couple of wolf tags.

You know what rifle I'd bring, my 25-06A.I.

Last edited:
Dream

High country Mule Deer hunt for a 30 incher. Then followed up with a moose. Of course I would have to be hunting with my Dad and brother to share it with.

But if i can kill one animal in my life..it would be a typical 30 inch mule Deer.

Willys

I'm with gamedog, give me a brownie hunt in Alaska. I'd be carrying Shawn Carlock, well in a way anyways lol. I'd want to have a lighter .338 edge accompanying me :)

dream hunt....

Argali rams in the mtns of mongolia.....hell while im dreaming just make it a "world slam"....all the species of wild sheep...i have a friend who has only one sheep to get to fill this quest....id prob be shooting something like a 7AM.....while im dreaming, throw in jennifer anniston to handle the camp "chores"....AJ

Dream Hunt

My dream hunt would be a wide racked whitetail (20 inches plus) and or a healthy (500 lbs.) black bear @ long range
with my 7rm or better yet a custom .260 in my new home state of NC.

Last edited:
I'm a huge Coues deer nut but I'm lucky enough to get to hunt them pretty regular... So I'd have to say my dream hunt would be a Marco Polo ram. And while we're dreaming, I'd like to shoot him last day, at about 850 yards, with a brand new completely tricked out 7mm AM :D.

My dream hunt would be off to alaska to hunt a boone and crocket caribou at long range of course and then change camo and be off to the high mountains of afganistan. Where I could fill my Al Qaeda tag from long range. Not sure how I would judge a boone and crocket Al Qaeda but I would figure something out :)

I would love to go to Africa or someplace with really large animals so I could use my collection of weatherby rifles to their full extent. Would make all I have done worthwhile indeed. Course I would take a good camera also so I could photographically shoot as well.

bob chronister

Dream hunt

Northwest Territories on a hunt for mountain caribou&trophy moose.this would be in the Makenze Mts.Use of a .300Weatherby&180gr.nosler partitions.Oh yes,this would be on horseback&my hunting buddy with me!I wish!!! Dskiper

BTDT

Rifle - 7AM by Kirby Allen

P1010010.jpg

Bullet - 200 grain HP RBBT Wildcat by Richard Graves

7AMQuant600.jpg

Elk - 6X6 at 968 yards courtesy of State of Idaho Fish and Game and my Dad who taught me that hard work and integrity are the most important ingredients to success.

theelk-1.jpg

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.