What is everyone favorite caliber for deer?

I was and always will be a 270 win fan. However the last few years I bought into the 6.5 Creed hype and have used one on several hogs, deer, mule deer, antelope and elk. I have to say it works as long as you do your job.

Thinking of building another 270 win though as it is my favorite.

That's a hard choice as I've killed whitetails with so many different rifles: 222 Rem, 22-250, 220 Swift, 257 Roberts, 25-06, 264 WM, 6mm Rem, 6.5 CM, 6.5x284, 26 Nosler, 280 Rem, 280 Ackley, 7 RM, 30-30, 300 WM, 300 Wby and 50 cal Hawken! My favorite would be a toss up between one of my 25-06s and my 257 Roberts with the Roberts probably being my all time favorite for whitetail......I couldn't begin to count the deer (and coyotes) I've killed with it as it was my truck gun for nearly 30 years living on the family ranch!

I was and always will be a 270 win fan. However the last few years I bought into the 6.5 Creed hype and have used one on several hogs, deer, mule deer, antelope and elk. I have to say it works as long as you do your joIn New England dense country the 30-30 is my choice and in the open areas the 30-06 is the one.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.