What is a high velocity bullet?

And don't worry about someone telling you that they were unhappy with your posts, Awhile back I had a few folks tell me that I was ruining this site so don't sweat it too much, if everyone that made a post having to do with Hammer Bullets would just tag you in it right off the bat it would save a lot of time and trouble No offense Intended
If you guys are "ruining the forum" by discussing high velocity I say its about time. Things were getting pretty slow around here!
Go fast or go Subsonic!

I believe most rimfire manufacturers call their ammo "high velocity " at 1200 fps or greater.

But if we load a 308 win at 1200 fps, no one would call it high velocity.
I think that "High Velocity" primarily exists in the realm where the .204 Ruger, .22-250, .220 Swift, .22 Nosler, etc., etc. reside. Just a thought!

Butterbean and I have RUMs that reside in that realm!
My rum shoots 199g Hammer Hunter at 3400 fps. Now I don't know what adjective to use to describe the bullet or the rifle. Same snowflake policing has half the country not knowing what adjective or pronouns to use when taking about a human that has the ability to give birth.

It's a high velocity cartridge, high velocity bullet, and a woman!

Lol…I can't believe that this has gone on this long. What he made this whole thread about was the fact that it is the cartridge capacity and powder that propels the bullet to a high velocity. The bullet itself doesn't do it. Was the thread even that necessary? No for sure. Even an elementary educated man from the woods of Virginia can figure that out. But it's a free world…post what ya want! It's all getting pretty petty though.

Lol…I can't believe that this has gone on this long. What he made this whole thread about was the fact that it is the cartridge capacity and powder that propels the bullet to a high velocity. The bullet itself doesn't do it. Was the thread even that necessary? No for sure. Even an elementary educated man from the woods of Virginia can figure that out. But it's a free world…post what ya want! It's all getting pretty petty though.
Haha! So it took this long to clarify that the thread was started to point out that bullets don't propel themselves. How did everyone think this was about defining what high velocity is?

Haha! So it took this long to clarify that the thread was started to point out that bullets don't propel themselves. How did everyone think this was about defining what high velocity is?
I'm pretty sure that's what it was meant to be. It was a very nit-picky thread to start and then state that you are doing it because there are a lot of new people on here that don't know that bullets don't propel themselves. But like I said…free country. I just read and chuckle most days.

You are correct, Sir!