What is a high velocity bullet?

For me, I would categorize high velocity as anything over 3300.. And as for a bullet that would work for high velocity I would want a solid copper or a swift swift aframe

Scotch time
Yes Sir!

deer-eats-popcorn_64.gif

Last edited:
Without a established standard it can be almost anything, if it were being defined by the liberal news media it would described as any bullet being fired from a high caliber weapon? I'm always trying to figure out just what the he'll that means!
Actually I've often heard the term high power rifle from the media, I think anything bigger than a 22 would be termed high power by media.

No I have not read all 9 pages of this. But I agree with those who think it is caliber and application dependent. 22LR 1200+, handgun 1100+, 20 cal 4000ish, big game small caliber 3000, big game large caliber 2700. 50cal MZL 2500.

If you are falling and trying to get your chute to deploy, 175fps is high velocity.

Not so long ago 3000-3400fps was the "Norm" for most, before I switched to Hammers I used Barnes bullets with great success and I pushed them very hard, with that being said and since my switch to Hammers anything less than 3800fps is well........ boring to me, What I do and the way I pursue things is not for everyone so take it for what its worth
Where have you been, Bean? I've missed you on here! Did you get detention or something??? DT in MT