What happened to Chris Matthews of Long Shot Rifles?

DaddyRabbit

I've been gone from the scene for a bit but Chris did an excellent job of building my last stick so I need another built but I can't find him? Anybody have a clue they'd be willing to part with? Thanks DR

"I'm very sorry but our company had to file for chapter 7 bankrupcty."

I hate to burst the deception balloon going on here, but no company called "Longshot Rifles" "Long Shot Rifles" or containing the word "Longshot" or phrase "Long Shot" has filed for bankruptcy protection anywhere in the USA within the last 5 years.

Nor has an individual with the last name "Matthews" and a first name resembling "Chris" filed for bankruptcy protection in the state of Missouri within the last 3 years.

Court dockets are public information, and I do a weekly docket search looking for this guy so that I can file my fraud claim against him. So far no cases within which I can participate.

If he did file then post up the Case Number and I'll eat all the crow you can throw at me.

Jeffvn

Mr. Matthews finally did file a bankruptcy. Anyone wishing to file a claim needs to potentially do so. A call to the Bankruptcy Court to find out if he filed a "no asset" chapter 7 is the smart thing. If he did file it as a "no asset" then they will not even let you file a claim regarding the amounts that he owes you. It does not stop you from filing a cause of action for nondischargability regarding your claim if you think he committed fraud. Here is his case number. The case was filed yesterday.

United States Bankruptcy Court for the Western District of Missouri, Case number: 2:14-bk-20046

Debtors: Christopher Clint Matthews and Diana Kathleen Matthews

Date Filed: Jan. 22, 2014 - Chapter 7

Jeffvn

Jeff,

How does one do that>????? I took 2K from me some time back…
Can you tell me how to do this and what you find out??
Thanks

mario

I'm going to touch base with the clerk of the court later this week to see if the case was filed as a "no asset Chapter 7." If it was they will not let you file a proof of claim regarding the debt. It its a regular Ch. 7, then you can file a proof of claim (you can go to the court website and down load the PDF form and submit it electronically if you have an account or mail it in if you do not.

Even if it was filed as a "no asset Ch. 7" if you feel that he committed fraud you can try to have your debt declared non-dischargable based upon fraud.

JeffVN

I've got two 6.5x47's built by Chris. The 1st is a heavy tactical, the 2nd, a lighter hunting rifle. I love them both. At 2200+ rounds each, they are both still going strong. Chris is a very talented gunsmith but a horrible businessman. I know he ****ed off a lot of folks. Wish he was still cutt'in metal!

Alan

Last I heard on the Hide he is headed to the grey bar hotel. Finally ****ed off the wrong guy.

Regards, Paul

Why is he headed to jail?? I would think a guy he wronged and ****ed off would be in his way for paying him back for all the people he wronged

I am retired from the Justice Department a few years back. There are two court venues in both the State and Federal system. One is Civil Court and the second is Criminal Court.

In Civil court one can file complaints, and sue for damages. The end results if you win, you either get your money back with or without the cost and interest accrued or you get a judgment against the defendant. It is a semi private affair the only government involvement is the service of papers and hearing of the facts in a court room or with an arbitrator.

In the Criminal Venue (state court) most courts have statutes for criminal fraud usually in cases of business between two private individuals is is in the form of "obtaining Property Under False Pretenses". The law enforcement agency ie: Sheriff, City/County/State do the investigation, The District Attorney Prosecutes the case. Depending on the dollar amount usually dictates if it is in Misdemeanor or Felony Court. If it crosses state lines and involves the mail, credit cards, or checks it can be investigated by the Feds ie: Postal Inspectors, or Secret Service. The U.S. Attorney's office prosecutes the case. Usually mail or wire fraud. The feds rarely would prosecute a single case. Now if there are many victims and over $250,000.00 involved, they will sometimes get involved.

Just an idea how and where these kind a problems can go.

Nat Lambeth

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.