What Got Everbody Started Reloading ?

The OP wasn't discussing Goats or Mopars!!!!!!!!!!!
Rhett. You of all people ! I should of known.... Put anymore new batteries in your Chevy truck ? ;) I shouldn't poke fun. Couple months ago it was so cold mine took a dump. Replaced both with 850 amp Interstates. Almost $300. Now get back to work and stop playing on the internet !!!

I know what you mean. Friend had a Duster with 340 six pack. I still could beat him everytime . I've had Ford trucks every since. 4 since 1980. Can't believe we haven't got yelled at yet... :)
Yelled at for what? Everybody knows when you recall the early days of your handloading experience that the "muscle cars" of the 60s & 70s will instantly come to mind!...lol

Down the rabbit hole has been my exact words to several of my buddies who are looking into reloading. At times it has consumed me to find the perfect load for a rifle. I don't know if there is an end to how far you can go with it. I have a friend with about $15000 tied up into reloading for about 5 rifles. My new philosophy is to handload for accuracy with the least amount of steps as possible and economical as possible.
I guess it's much like anything else in terms of how far you want to take it and I think it really depends on what your aims as a shooter are (pardon the pun!) As in serious competition or ultra long range vs general hunting, plinking, etc. I can see how it can become an obsession if you allow it to be. Personally I want to develop the best loads I can for my needs, taking into consideration the limitations of my rifles, shooting ability and of course, my budget.

Man that sounds better than anything I could say, and hey......thanks for not posting about a seventies muscle car :rolleyes: Dave

Dave,

L 😇L! I am lucky enough that a friend took me under his wing and introduced me to reloading. He got me interested in reloading and gain a better appreciation of it. I am one of those that love learning, thus at my age still going to school primarily for personal achievement. ;)

Ed

No worries..... it has a modified 340 in it
My fave car I've had was my 70 340 Duster. I did some modifications to to also. Quick.
I installed a 28 in. exhaust , I mean barrel . A Trigger Tech shifter , I mean trigger. Chambered it in 340, I mean 300 Rum. Trued the frame, I mean action.
My quickest time 12.5 sec., I mean load was 99.0 grs. Retumbo. 185 Berger at 3360 fps. ;)

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.