What factory rifle?

Your going to laugh at me but...… The Ruger predator is a 350 to 450 dollar rifle. I have some very good shooter's that cost a 1000 dollars and up. But this cheap rifle match's them shot for shot. I MEAN ITS GOT ROUGH MACHINE MARKS all over the receiver and bolt. Its a little soppy in the action but very livable .I have just barrel's that cost more than that 6.5 Creedmoor Ruger that I bought .I mean I changed the stock to a Magpul and it very light . I got a spring on the internet for 4 dollars that bought the trigger pull two 2lb. This rifle caught my interest because of the buzz on the internet and how good it shoots. So I got curious OR maybe I just got lucky I bought it on sale for 350 , But I bought another one in a Grendel for 340 and it shoots great .I have never been a big fan of Ruger .BUT AFTER SEEING THE RESULT OF PEOPLE AT THE RANGER WHO OWN THEM ...I bought a Ruger precision rifle IN 6.5 PRC.... THE ICON that I use on the left corner is the result. But thats 1300.00 dollar rifle...THEY DO MAKE the predator IT IN 300 WIN MAG AND 243 WIN..... I am going to buy them. IT WON'T BE A BIG LOST IF THEY DON'T SHOOT AS WELL. AND I CAN THROW THEM AROUND..AND BEAT THEM UP. Something I would not do with a good rifle. WHY SPEND A THOUSAND OR TWO WHEN YOU WILL GET THE SAME RESULT.....I MEAN I'M JUST SAYING.

Your going to laugh at me but...… The Ruger predator is a 350 to 450 dollar rifle. I have some very good shooter's that cost a 1000 dollars and up. But this cheap rifle match's them shot for shot. I MEAN ITS GOT ROUGH MACHINE MARKS all over the receiver and bolt. Its a little soppy in the action but very livable .I have just barrel's that cost more than that 6.5 Creedmoor Ruger that I bought .I mean I changed the stock to a Magpul and it very light . I got a spring on the internet for 4 dollars that bought the trigger pull two 2lb. This rifle caught my interest because of the buzz on the internet and how good it shoots. So I got curious OR maybe I just got lucky I bought it on sale for 350 , But I bought another one in a Grendel for 340 and it shoots great .I have never been a big fan of Ruger .BUT AFTER SEEING THE RESULT OF PEOPLE AT THE RANGER WHO OWN THEM ...I bought a Ruger precision rifle IN 6.5 PRC.... THE ICON that I use on the left corner is the result. But thats 1300.00 dollar rifle...THEY DO MAKE the predator IT IN 300 WIN MAG AND 243 WIN..... I am going to buy them. IT WON'T BE A BIG LOST IF THEY DON'T SHOOT AS WELL. AND I CAN THROW THEM AROUND..AND BEAT THEM UP. Something I would not do with a good rifle. WHY SPEND A THOUSAND OR TWO WHEN YOU WILL GET THE SAME RESULT.....I MEAN I'M JUST SAYING.

I'm looking for a factory rifle that I can use for anything and everything, and that has the ability to reach out there at longer distances. I'm currently shooting a Remington Sendero in .300 rum, and I've killed a lot of animals with it, but I've never been able to feel completely confident in it. I've been looking at the browning hells canyon LR and the Christensen Arms Ridgeline. The ridgeline has all the features I'm looking for, but I've heard that it's not uncommon for them to have accuracy issues due to issues with the barrels. I'm also trying to decide between a .300 win and a 28 nosler. What are your guys thoughts?
The new HOWA 300 PRC is due out very soon. I have a few Howas, got them as my cheap alternatives, but man do they shoot. My other 10k rifles live in the safe most of the time now.

I'm looking for a factory rifle that I can use for anything and everything, and that has the ability to reach out there at longer distances. I'm currently shooting a Remington Sendero in .300 rum, and I've killed a lot of animals with it, but I've never been able to feel completely confident in it. I've been looking at the browning hells canyon LR and the Christensen Arms Ridgeline. The ridgeline has all the features I'm looking for, but I've heard that it's not uncommon for them to have accuracy issues due to issues with the barrels. I'm also trying to decide between a .300 win and a 28 nosler. What are your guys thoughts

Tikka t3x. Excellent shooters for the price. If you ever shoot it out, they are excellent actions to build a project off of.
Tikka is great..I like .338 and they stopped making them I believe..heavy bullet in Griz country is nice to have

The new HOWA 300 PRC is due out very soon. I have a few Howas, got them as my cheap alternatives, but man do they shoot. My other 10k rifles live in the safe most of the time now.
Had Howa 22 250 tack driver w my loads, and .338 same...trigger easy to work

For that price range, I would invest it toward semi or full custom build.

Same here. But seems like the poster would rather buy off the shelf.

straightjacketarmory.com has some really cool options WELL under that. Pretty fun filter to play with on the website. If I remember right you can get a barreled action (rem 700, trued, etc) proof barrel, about any chambering you could think of, pick a trigger, pick literally everything but the stock and it's about $1500-1700. Put a stock on it and you're still under 2500 and with a pretty much custom rifle. I haven't done one through them yet but I think I'll have to give them a try. Either way it's fun to play around on there

I'm looking for a factory rifle that I can use for anything and everything, and that has the ability to reach out there at longer distances. I'm currently shooting a Remington Sendero in .300 rum, and I've killed a lot of animals with it, but I've never been able to feel completely confident in it. I've been looking at the browning hells canyon LR and the Christensen Arms Ridgeline. The ridgeline has all the features I'm looking for, but I've heard that it's not uncommon for them to have accuracy issues due to issues with the barrels. I'm also trying to decide between a .300 win and a 28 nosler. What are your guys thoughts?

I love my Browning Xbolts in HCLR liked my first one so much I bought a second. For the price right around $1000. many others like Havak or CA starting with prices around $1800 - I added the MCarbo spring kit for the triggers. One of the best upgrades ever for rifles. I've used those springs in my TC Ventures as well - great results.

You've already got a 30 caliber, a 300Rum. I'd look at downsizing and get a caliber that can be used for varmints as well as deer sized game. On the low side you could look at a 6mm Remington or, take a step up and look into the 6.5 calibers. The 6.5-284 can be used in a lot of applications, up to and including Elk. You can also reload and use it for Varmints. For rifles I'd stick with something with a Remington 700 action. Also, as someone else already mentioned the Weatherby Vangaurd is a lot of Rifle for the money. It comes in a variety of calibers and the quality for the money is great.

Last edited:
A Nosler mountain rifle, with a carbon wrapped barrel, in 28 Nosler would be a nice piece to wag around looking for things to introduce yourself too. Same in 300 wm might be more practical..?

Depends what your wanting to do with it. I would go shoot friends guns to see what you like. My opinion, stick to a caliber that's plentiful off the shelf even if you reload. 300wm should be plenty and your 300rum should be even better if you don't flinch. I laugh at the hype of nosler and prc. Buy what you want. It's your money!

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.