What do you use to clean your brass?

I use a tumbler with walnut shell media. I get it at the pet store because it's cheaper there, look in the lizard section for it.

The stainless media gets the brass looking a lot nicer but I'm not convinced that it does anything functionally better than the tumbler. I don't care how it looks so long as it's clean.
It cleans both inside and out and does it in about fifteen minutes in a wet tumbler.

Sams Club heavy duty degreaser/water mixture and compressed air. Discovered by accident, and after I used the air to blow them out after a hot water rinse, the inside where shiny?! This stuff removes carbon easily! Always looking for a faster, more efficient way to case prep.
Interesting and cheap too.

hunting ammo tumble in corn cobb media. bench guns just wipe the case off with ballistol

i have an ultrasonic that i use periodically to clean out the inside of the cases but got away from using it every time because i found neck tension much more consistent with the carbon left in the necks. Basically dirty brass shoots better than clean brass for me.

Been using ultrasonic cleaner with vinegar water, Birchwood Casey, and then distilled water. Brass comes out nice and shiny. Put cases over the heating vent to dry them.

Last few bench loads I have just wipe off the outside, hand cleaned the primer pockets with a brush, and cleaned the neck with a plastic brush. I am seeing lower es doing this. If it holds up, I will have to rethink my cleaning process.

Last few bench loads I have just wipe off the outside, hand cleaned the primer pockets with a brush, and cleaned the neck with a plastic brush. I am seeing lower es doing this. If it holds up, I will have to rethink my cleaning process.

After sonic cleaning, I have to dip a plastic brush in powdered graphite and brush in side the necks. This basically buts a carbon layer back down in side the neck. Otherwise I get inconsistent bullet seating depths and crazy ES. Sometimes I wonder why I sonic clean too...

Tumbler, corn cob, Rooster Brite. Pretty basic and takes a few hours. I guess I'm also, like others, a dirty neck believer but that's just for my personal hunting rifle. Each to his own and obviously what works best in your own rig.
I will say I was intrigued by the Sam's Club degreaser idea. Cool thread and thanks for posting.

Ultrasonic and citric acid solution.
Pre-lube the interior case necks with Hornady Unique case resizing wax prior after unltrasonic cleaning, resizing, and case trimming/chamfering, and prior to priming, powder charging, and seating bullets. Bullets seat smooth as silk.

It cleans both inside and out and does it in about fifteen minutes in a wet tumbler.

I'm sure it does, but I don't believe that it's best to have completely clean brass. I like to leave some carbon in the neck. Dry media gets it as clean as it needs to be for proper function. All the wet stainless pin treatment does is make it pretty which I don't care about at all. Plus I don't want to dry brass.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.