How do you clean your Brass?

I knock the primers out with a universal die, cleen with stainless pins with a lil Dawn and lemashine, then dry. Work the brass and then maybe cornkobb tumble with polish and a lil wax. Looks brand new.

I'm a simple soul and I do it exactly the way you do, LEE drill chuck shell holder, and 0000 steel wool, with a LEE primer pocket scraper thrown in every few firings. Wipe off with a paper towel and that's it for cleaning.
Do you use a tumbeler/vibrator, or clean them by hand.
I lock all my brass on a Lee case unit that spins using a drill, one by one. But they are nice and shiny. Its enough to drive you mad. But I can do an inspection as I go.

HELP!

Gain dish soap and lemishine in tupper container hot water. 2 containers agitation to each container and rinse hot water. Air compressor used on each case. Cleans and removes lube.

Size and deprime, 15 minutes in NRA formula cleaner, TTL and spin clean with scotchbrite in the Lee thingy chucked in electric dill.

Some of the older and some current BR shooters rarely clean the outside of the case. Theory is that the "Grit" on the case helps hold it in place when firing.
Today when you can ream the chamber to the tolerances you want and then set the head space when reloading. We de-prime, and clean with tumbling SS pins, Leomon Shine, along with Dawn or some brass cleaner. When the brass is done, we make sure to clean with fresh water free all the SS pins out, roll it in towels then place on a pizza tray with holes and put in oven at around 200 for 15 min. this takes all the moister out. Put the brass through an AMP for annealing.

Then we prep the brass, FL, get head space, size necks, primer pockets and then trim Champer in a HENDERSON THREE WAY TRIMMER.,
Try to make all the cases uniform before priming with a CPS from Primal Rights.
After that we start loading powder and bullets. We random check for correct measurement and concentricity.

Each time we reload our cases look just like new and are already prepped to the rifle chamber specks
We try to do everything the same WAY the SAME time for consistency.
Works for us, but everyone has their own way and if it works don't change it.
I think that the best way to get accuracy is in consistency consistency consistency in the way you load. When you find a good load keep doing it that way.
Been doing it for 50+ years and had a lot of advice /instruction. We are still learning. There are soo many intelligent shooters on this forum and would be ashamed not to listen to their ideas. some may not be good or work, but most will be very good and hey newer ideas could be much better, Shooting is continually evolving with technology and we need to keep up with it or be left behind. I should mention that we trim neck brass, trim uniform Flash Holes and Primer Pockets.
When I was shooting almost 50 years ago in the Corps and someone told me about a Wind meter that calculates your shot for wind and drop (Krestel) I probably as a Sergeant would have thrown you off the range,

WE LIKE REALLY CLEAN BRASS, GET EVERYTHING THE SAME, AND THEN BE ABLE TO PREP IT PROPERLY TO THE CHAMBER SPECKS IS THE WAY WE GO.

Last edited: