What do you use to clean your brass?

I'm sure it does, but I don't believe that it's best to have completely clean brass. I like to leave some carbon in the neck. Dry media gets it as clean as it needs to be for proper function. All the wet stainless pin treatment does is make it pretty which I don't care about at all. Plus I don't want to dry brass.
I don't, I like clean brass and I hate the dust coating dry media leaves. A buildup of carbon causes additional friction.

Brass requires little to no lubricant of any kind when it is articulating against brass or copper. That's one of the reasons it's so ideal for outdoor applications such as hinges.

Pre-lube the interior case necks with Hornady Unique case resizing wax prior after unltrasonic cleaning, resizing, and case trimming/chamfering, and prior to priming, powder charging, and seating bullets. Bullets seat smooth as silk.
I just use the hornady aerosol case lube making sure I get a little in the necks before resizing. On some bullets I found it works well to spray a bit on the bullets as well particularly on small calibers like .17 rem, .204 ruger, and .220 Swift.

Tumbler, corn cob, Rooster Brite. Pretty basic and takes a few hours. I guess I'm also, like others, a dirty neck believer but that's just for my personal hunting rifle. Each to his own and obviously what works best in your own rig.
I will say I was intrigued by the Sam's Club degreaser idea. Cool thread and thanks for posting.
It states on the jug "cleans carbon", and it does with minimal effort. I re-purposed plastic Folgers coffee containers, add the appropriate amount of cleaner (make mine a bit strong) to hot or cold water, swish the container, remove brass, rinse with hot water, dry and done! I'v done a couple hundred cases with my initial solution.

I bought one of the harbor freight rock polishers that spins. I use my kids left over apple sauce jar and stainless media. Works the same as a tumbler just cant do as many but now I have 2 jars. But here the down fall. Yes the brass came out shinny looking like new brass. My load went to hell and the neck tension on my bullets was not consistent. It was like the cases had sticky necks. I went back to using the walnut red media and things settle down. Some times I do still use the wet media but once its dry and sized it goes into the dry walnut. The dust seem to act like a lubricant for my bullets and gives me more consistent data and groups. I also need to get my home made brass annealer going. annealing the necks every time gives me the best results with the red walnut media.

Rinse with warm water and dry thoroughly. For tougher cleaning jobs, pull out the ketchup, tomato sauce, or tomato paste. Simply rub a thin coat onto the brass, let sit for an hour or so, and then clean the piece with hot, soapy water. Another option is to make a paste of equal parts salt, flour, and white vinegar.

Couple twists with ultra fine steel wool while I am inspecting cases is all I do. Then one in and out with nylon brush for neck and then clean pockets. Look shiny new and I don't disturb the wonderful carbon layer in the neck. Ohhh and I don't have to dry my brass,,, pita...

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.