What do you think they should get?

I just know what I've heard and read from biologists and the like. I don't go looking for info from anti-hunting people or gun grabbers.

Now, do I shoot lead? Yeah I do. I also have a bunch of Hammers and Barnes that I could shoot, as soon as I find the time to work up loads for those I just might consider using those for hunting. It's a personal choice that I would be making and has nothing to do with anyone lobbying one way or the other.

I'm not suggesting banning all lead hunting ammo or even requiring it. I'm just saying people should know the possible unintended consequences when using it.

And yeah, the California and Arizona G&F departments have been working their butts off for years trying to get condors to survive in the wild. They were almost extinct. Then when they had more of them around they started noticing what was killing them.

Again, I go off of what I read or hear from biologists, not a lobbyist from one side or the other.
If you reread a earlier post I edited. With a article showing how DDT is still affecting the condors & other marine life. So I am just saying be careful what you read as the truth. They want to ban everything to do with protecting yourself. And a little white lie is nothing but a thing to get there. Spending millions of tax dollars to clean up something a private company should be held accountable for. And all the while blaming a group of 2A supporters is all the sweeter for them. I want to see them pull some lead bullets out of these birds before I buy any of that nonsense. They could have lead poisoning. But who's to say how or where they got it. I am very cautious as to what is printed as facts these days. Money to keep grants going, sways lots of opinions from scientist. Especially ones that hate hunting. Which I would conclude is a high percentage.

I will be the first to suggest that we (everyone, not just America) are destroying our planet with chemicals, heavy metals, ect. And, I'll not take a side in the lead/fowl, not foul, discussion…..but will offer this. Sometimes animals/fish/fowl simply cease to exist……it's been happening since the beginning of time. I don't think man has contributed to the extinction of untold hundreds of thousands of species over time……often they simply do not adapt to change. We can't save them all!

Should we do a much better job of policing our actions as humans…..absolutely!

I really do wish they would hurry and bring back the Wooly Mammoth……I'd really like to stuff a Barnes or two into one! 😉 memtb

Education… these Honduran men who needed an interpreter most likely didn't know or understand that big meal was illegal. It's not an excuse but being hungry we would make some crazy decisions ourselves. There were going to eat it, to me it wasn't going to waste. Im not saying it's ok it's just my opinion.

I'm inclined to agree with B-Lot. However, I can't help but wonder if they are in the US illegally. They don't speak English and they obviously don't have a clue about our laws. It's not just that they don't know better than to shoot an eagle. I'm sure that they don't have hunting licenses and probably don't even know what one is.

If they aren't in the country lawfully, then just deport them. If they are here lawfully, there won't be much you can or should do other than educate them and make them serve some community service.

Last edited:
It's sacred to us Americans But north of the border, a guide once told me they taste better than any duck.
Hello Gents - I live up north of you fellas and have never heard of such nonsense! I can only imagine such a wiry aerial predator like that would be like chewing on a ball of haywire a and scented by skunk pee. I don't think even the native peoples here are allowed - or would, kill anything as grand as an eagle. Naturally deceased large birds of prey from zoos are offered to indigenous elders and band chiefs for ceremonial purposes - as noted in the local media.

I keep an ear to the ground pretty closely for such grape vine goings on, and then check out such musings if it even seems plausible - so I don't believe stories like that. As for any "guide" worth their salt such an individual must have had too much firewater, or something else! There are good community food banks everywhere here if folks need a hand to put good food on the table.

Thanks, I just had to comment...

Every once in a while I have the pleasure of seeing Golden's down in the Boboquivari Mountains, southern Az, My avatar here. I've seen them 3x down there and you're correct, they are "huge". First time I saw one it was sitting up high on a mountain ledge and I couldn't figure out what it was. Well over a mile away and when I broke out the spotter I had to do a double take. I was amazed at the size. I watched him/her for hours fly around the canyon and area that I was Coues deer hunting in. When he was flying one of the times he flew over a Coues Doe with her fawn. The Coues doe starting making its warning call. It would've had no problem taking down that Coues Fawn.

Smaller hawks in the area were also threatened by the Golden and would chase it in the sky and try to push it away. They looked like tweety birds in comparison. Anyways just sharing.

I actually called my sighting into the AZGFD to report it and they were aware of the Golden's presence in this area. The sight of the Golden made my hunt that year and I've seen them a couple of times since. Every time I see them it stops me in my tracks while watching them. They're spectacular for sure!

The people that shot the Bald Eagle should be prosecuted as anyone else would be that got caught.
They are my favorite bird as well and always stunning to see. I am SOOOO VERY fortunate to live where I do. Along the Snake river in the Morley Nelson Birds of prey area: Morley Nelson Site This is one of the largest birds of prey rookery in world!!! Coming out of shooting yotes this past January I saw three really young Goldens playing in flight, messing with each other on the ground, it was an AWESOME display! Here are a couple shots, hope you enjoy!

DSC02590.jpg
DSC02602.jpg
DSC02659.jpg
golden boys.jpg
young gun.jpg

JAYgs8163, have you seen the videos of the Mongols hunting wolves with Goldens on the Eurasian Steppes? I've also seen videos of
Goldens hitting sheep and knocking them off of craggy peaks then fly down and eat em! That can also do over 180 mph in a full stoop! I've seen one hit a jackrabbit so hard I thought that hare was in a blender!!!

Well this the problem with letting foreigners into our country. This one came out of the ditch the trucker had no time to react. I asked him if he hit it because he hates American. He said "I wish it was Biden". He called the warden to make sure he didn't get in any trouble.

Attachments

• 20220524_131842.jpg
    20220524_131842.jpg
    932.4 KB · Views: 43
You are correct as many had reported back then in articles. But yet they blamed the hunter for shooting bald eagles. As stated from a article I read on DDT I quote,
In addition, long-term buildup of DDT in meat-eating birds like the bald eagle resulted in reproductive complications as well. High concentrations of DDT in these birds caused thinning of their eggshells and breeding failure. As a direct result of eggshell thinning, these eggs were easily broken, causing a significant population decline.
Right On! Back in the 50 and 60's I read about people flying plane, and shooting eagles from the air. Outdoor Life, Field & Stream, and a few others.

I will be the first to suggest that we (everyone, not just America) are destroying our planet with chemicals, heavy metals, ect. And, I'll not take a side in the lead/fowl, not foul, discussion…..but will offer this. Sometimes animals/fish/fowl simply cease to exist……it's been happening since the beginning of time. I don't think man has contributed to the extinction of untold hundreds of thousands of species over time……often they simply do not adapt to change. We can't save them all!

Should we do a much better job of policing our actions as humans…..absolutely!

I really do wish they would hurry and bring back the Wooly Mammoth……I'd really like to stuff a Barnes or two into one! 😉 memtb
Stop building windmills for electric. Not cost effective nor environmental friendly. It takes so much raw materials to build one from start to finish, tranport, set up, and take down.

The eagle in question most likely died from covid that was from eating a contaminated bat . Take that into consideration when you are researching the "data". Trust the science . Believe everything the researchers say , they are never wrong !
Speaking of fruit bats it is quite funny how our Govt was quick to blame China, all the while they were playing with them too. Theat was reported from their website in 2018.
I remember back in the day a mad scientist from the same place left with some anthrax. lol
https://usamriid.health.mil/press_releases/CELL Bat Antiviral PR FINAL.pdf