What do you think of the 6.5 WBY RPM ?

Mag bolt face build a 6.5-257wby mag.
Very solid performance.
Shep
Trying to figure out what I want to build have several actions mag and standard bolts in both remmy 700's and winny per 64 mod70's have to say havent heard about 6.5/257wbymag, why?

It's not a Sammi spec cartridge but it should have been what wby did instead of the 6.5-300. McWorter made it somewhat popular. I like it better that the 264winmag because of the long neck. It can be throated for the long heavies and still fit the light ones up to the rifling. Wbys are easy on throats because of the shoulder and long neck. 257wby has been my favorite round for over 30 yrs but the 6.5 bullet selection made me switch. I still own 3 257wbys but probably won't build anymore for myself. The 6.5-257wby gets almost the same speed as the 26nos and the 6.5wby with much less powder and much improved barrel life.
Shep

Yes, that would have been fine for me also but since they did the RPM I would rather have a factory chambering as I will not be getting a 6 lug anyway.

Mag bolt face build a 6.5-257wby mag.
Very solid performance.
Shep
I've been taking a hard look at the "6.5-300 Ackley short mag #2". It's a 28 Degree version of the 264 Win Mag and appears to have .290" long neck. Brass is inexpensive 7-RM. Don't know about Donuts yet.

I find you don't get donuts on wby cases because the angle is not sharp it's a radius.
Shep
@25WSM do you neck up 257 bee or neck down 270 bee for your chamber? I think that'd be a really interesting round. I've been on a bad 6.5 kick lately......I have an extra barrel and a lone peak razor ti that could use a new barrel!

I always like to neck down when possible so you get a thicker neck. Sometimes it's just right on thickness and sometimes you just need a cleanup pass. So to answer your question 270wby necked down. Just get 270wby bushing dies. The regular 270 seater seats 6.5s very straight believe it or not.
Shep