What do you guys think of this???????

I'm just waiting for all the Legends on this site to show up and explain what happened and how they would have done it differently

Dis Gonna Be Good Jason Momoa GIF

Guess I'm going to have to join you now….

I used to take the wife out and shoot balloons, she hates rocks and steel, from 450-700, with the 204. Several vids on my youtube of it. Hit percentage was high for a small sample. Being that I've shot plenty of comps, animals, rocks, balloons, steel, and so on the challenge of 100/100 would be a no for me for sure in terrain based shooting. I would not accept that challenge on a range/bench if money were on the line either. IMHO those who would have 100% confidence in this challenge need to make it happen and prove it. I am sure someone can do it, I know it's not me. I also really don't have any desire to waste 100 rounds doing it. ha ha.

Ya that dude is a dbag. Quite the marine he used as an example...
Not a fan of this channel for that very reason. Almost every video has a subtle undertone of superiority from a dude who has never proven anything that I'm aware of.

Cortina's channel is great.
I guess when he says he doesn't know any shooter alive on the planet that can hit all the jugs, that he is including himself as one of those that can't do it.

The guy that took his challenge admitted at the end that he just really wanted to come shoot with him on his channel. Glad they made the video, my 12 and 15 year old were like what the heck? They found it very entertaining to say the least.

I watch a lot of videos all over youtube mainly to try to educate myself. You never know where you might pick up a golden nugget of information. I guess I don't see this guy as anything other than a guy who loves our sport and is trying to make entertaining content.

I love to watch Erik Cortina's youtube channel, and Winning in the Wind with Keith Glasscock on youtube also. When guys who have proven they can get it done speak, people should listen.

I'm just waiting for all the Legends on this site to show up and explain what happened and how they would have done it differently

I am betting the guy would have done a lot better with a 6.5 Beanmore. Maybe at least he could have avoided the scope ding on his forehead right out of the gate.🤣

Just had another thought. Maybe fordy can come up with a way to launch milk jugs and shoot them on the fly? 🤣

BackFire is an ok guy. I find his content ok but no great shakes, also never seen him boast. Way more watchable than "the real gunsmith". This episode was interesting because I thought the shooter would do better than 50% hits out to 400 yards, was blown away how bad it went.

I haven't heard of the YouTube guy but I would be interested to see how the shooter would have done if he had known the distances.

I'm not taking away from the way it was presented, but maybe after the guy was finished, allow him to go back and shoot each of the misses with the range being known.

Maybe it makes a difference and maybe it doesn't.

I have never hunted in that type of terrain, but can see how ranging an animal could be difficult.

I haven't heard of the YouTube guy but I would be interested to see how the shooter would have done if he had known the distances.

I'm not taking away from the way it was presented, but maybe after the guy was finished, allow him to go back and shoot each of the misses with the range being known.

I have never hunted in that type of terrain, but can see how ranging an animal could be difficult.
agree, a milk jug not easy to range at 350yds and was not possible to range the ground around the base of the stands.

With a good flat shooting rifle he should have been able to bust virtually every jug 300 and under...possibly a few out to 400 without a range finder. Back in the day I had a 7 mag load that was about 3" high at 175 and 3" low at 325. That is minute of jug easily and proved to be minute of double lung every shot without a range finder.

Backfire is a Marketing platform, otherwise know as a business endeavor to make $$$!
The creator is/was a successful attorney/lawyer who got fed up with the daily grind behind a desk. Majority of his content is biased & opinion based. He panders to the big manufacturers in the industry & promotes products that speak to the masses. Anyone who considers his platform to be worthy of anything ground breaking should have their heads checked. Jim is not qualified in the Long Range anything sphere, his antics are neither entertaining nor funny.

We live in a clown world where anyone with an iPhone can produce content without any factual basis & people buy it up. Was listening to a podcast yesterday about a 20 year old kid who is making $750k a month producing content where he goes around antagonizing random people in the street until those folks respond aggressively only to have the body guards step in to diffuse the situation. Let that sink in & we wonder why the majority of todays youth is troubled!?!?!

Backfire is a Marketing platform, otherwise know as a business endeavor to make $$$!
The creator is/was a successful attorney/lawyer who got fed up with the daily grind behind a desk. Majority of his content is biased & opinion based. He panders to the big manufacturers in the industry & promotes products that speak to the masses. Anyone who considers his platform to be worthy of anything ground breaking should have their heads checked. Jim is not qualified in the Long Range anything sphere, his antics are neither entertaining nor funny.

We live in a clown world where anyone with an iPhone can produce content without any factual basis & people buy it up. Was listening to a podcast yesterday about a 20 year old kid who is making $750k a month producing content where he goes around antagonizing random people in the street until those folks respond aggressively only to have the body guards step in to diffuse the situation. Let that sink in & we wonder why the majority of todays youth is troubled!?!?!
Haven't looked into the guy enough to know the truth behind his channel but this certainly seems spot on with my limited experience of watching. Thanks for the clarification.

To me this is exactly what this forum is about. Long Range Hunting from unknown positions and ranges. You have to figure all this stuff out and make it happen with very high hit ratios on first round shots. This is what makes a hunting long range so difficult in reality then on paper. It's also why NRL hunter is a great comp to separate key board warriors from the folks who get it done. I hunt predators all winter and some times it feels like a barn is hard to hit.

For a second I thought you were talking about Hornady....PRCs.....oh wait.....

I agree the guy's channel and videos are a bit.... weak.

Mike the Marine seems like a nice guy, but is clearly not an experienced long range shooter. Perhaps with some work he could be, but to get to the end and still insist 600 yards was doable, despite getting, ah..... zero hits past 500.... seems he doesn't know what he doesn't know.

I would find it very interesting to repeat that challenge myself but I am very aware I would not have great results. I don't think in my prime I would have done great but I am curious how I would fair.
My wife challenged me on this just after watching. She set soda bottles and milk jugs and 5 qt oil bottles at random distances out to 600ish yards, 5-9mph winds from the west, I shot my most accurate hunting rifle and the one that I'm very confident with.Prone, no bag.
End result: I missed the milk jug at 542yds.
Humble pie it was.

BTW… 100 shots in a row with anything but a light recoiling Rifle would wear anybody out. Especially having a look through a scope that long.