What constitutes “inherently accurate “?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reading this thread I can't help but wonder.
If there's 100 people sitting at 100 benches in a 100 bench rest compilations and there all shooting a 6 br or a 6 dasher wouldn't the law of probability say that one of them would win

So what's inherently accurate about that If they shot the same cartridge on different platforms

Seems simple to me but that's just opinion

Benchrest is score and group size agg, so it's about putting down group after group not a one day win and it's not that they shoot a 1 inch one day and a 8 inch the other, they'll shoot a lot of groups within an inch, when something all of the sudden drops the agg a 1/4 or 1/2 inch smaller it's something that will get your attention. These guys will do anything to cut that much of, they will gravitate to what's shooting smallest regardless of what it is.

Correct but you have to look at why everyone is shooting those cartridges. It's bc with anything else it's hard to be competitive, esp at the national level. Why spend the money and time to not be competitive?
It's simple... Just like why everyone shoots the **** 6.5CM... They see someone else using one, and they want to be "cool", too. People are sheep. That's why marketing can be such a powerful tool. They see someone they trust their opinion shooting a certain rifle or cartridge, they have to have one, too. Or they see someone winning at BR comps using a certain cartridge, they have to have one, too, so they can try to compete with them. It's literally that simple.

It's simple... Just like why everyone shoots the ---- 6.5CM... They see someone else using one, and they want to be "cool", too. People are sheep. That's why marketing can be such a powerful tool. They see someone they trust their opinion shooting a certain rifle or cartridge, they have to have one, too. Or they see someone winning at BR comps using a certain cartridge, they have to have one, too, so they can try to compete with them. It's literally that simple.
That's the dumbest thing I've read in this thread, at the top competitive levels NO ONE CARES what the other guys shoots unless he's shooting smaller than you and dang right your going to try to figure it out so your back to just a skill level difference between you not an equipment gap!!

I will say it again. With everything being the same.. the barrels stocks triggers gun smiths optics and everything else except cartridges the 6br and 6ppc family of Cases there
Cartridges will most like be more Accurate than say a 30-06 or the like.

Yet, a 30-30 walked away with 36 top 3 spots in 3 years against other competitors shooting 6br?
So what what level it was? Not national only local, or whatever you said.

It.

Happened.

On a bet!

LOL!

A 30-30 was "more "inherently accurate" all those times than everyone else shooting.. what?

I'm just busting your chops now.

I still say this:

"Inherently accurate"
"Belted Magnum"
"Barrel Burner"
"3 rings of steel"

Marketing gimmicks used to sway purchases by someone with something to gain by it. Some used by writers, some used by manufacturers.

This is from a study done on the marketing tactics of firearms manufacturers. The study was conducted back in 2004, but still relevant, because the same techniques are in play.

"So what are gun advertisers highlighting in their ads? Technical attributes. The majority of gun ads (91%) emphasize the things that make one gun different from the next. For example, they discuss the quality of the gun (61%), its accuracy (38%) and reliability (35%), and its innovative features (27%) and uniqueness (21%)."

This strategy is aimed at getting people who already own guns to buy another different gun. (In other words, their market isn't so much new people buying a gun, but people who already own a gun to buy another one.)
Would you or would you not say Hornady, for a recent example has or has not used the term "Inherently accurate" in their market strategy of the cartridges they have developed and marketed?

It's rhetorical.
I know they have in the case of the 300 PRC.

That's the dumbest thing I've read in this thread, at the top competitive levels NO ONE CARES what the other guys shoots unless he's shooting smaller than you and dang right your going to try to figure it out so your back to just a skill level difference between you not an equipment gap!!
You call it stupid, but then you reaffirmed my post by basically repeating exactly what I said, in the last part of your [run-on] sentence, where you said you figure it out quick when someone else is shooting smaller groups than you're going to try to bring it back to skill level only... That means you're going to copy what they're shooting to try to equal the playing field. That's the same thing I just stated. ;) Monkey-see, monkey-do. That's how trends are formed. It's the exact same in every facet of life, including the firearms industry and BR comps.

@MudRunner2005 actually has a point there, @bigngreen.

And he never said at the top competitive level. You inferred it, and confirmed it happens amongst peers.

The real power of it is when it can be turned on the masses.
That's big money right there.

Remind me again what's happening with the Creedmoor, and the PRC?

Rest assured Hornady will make big bucks despite our conversation.

You call it stupid, but then you reaffirmed my post by basically repeating exactly what I said, in the last part of your [run-on] sentence, where you said you figure it out quick when someone else is shooting smaller groups than you're going to try to bring it back to skill level only... That means you're going to copy what they're shooting to try to equal the playing field. That's the same thing I just stated. ;) Monkey-see, monkey-do. That's how trends are formed. It's the exact same in every facet of life, including the firearms industry and BR comps.
No you said they do it to be "cool" no one at a competitive level is changing anything to be cool, you change things because it delivers better performance.

It's a good thing you two have each other!! No one here is talking about a level where people do anything just because someone else does it and that is the only reason, there is something measurable that changes and can be proven and tied to one attribute and people change over that is not the "sheeple" effect that's something in a chambering that changes the level of competition.

Yet, a 30-30 walked away with 36 top 3 spots in 3 years against other competitors shooting 6br?
So what what level it was? Not national only local, or whatever you said.

It.

Happened.

On a bet!

LOL!

A 30-30 was "more "inherently accurate" all those times than everyone else shooting.. what?

I'm just busting your chops now.

I still say this:

"Inherently accurate"
"Belted Magnum"
"Barrel Burner"
"3 rings of steel"

Marketing gimmicks used to sway purchases by someone with something to gain by it. Some used by writers, some used by manufacturers.

This is from a study done on the marketing tactics of firearms manufacturers. The study was conducted back in 2004, but still relevant, because the same techniques are in play.

"So what are gun advertisers highlighting in their ads? Technical attributes. The majority of gun ads (91%) emphasize the things that make one gun different from the next. For example, they discuss the quality of the gun (61%), its accuracy (38%) and reliability (35%), and its innovative features (27%) and uniqueness (21%)."

This strategy is aimed at getting people who already own guns to buy another different gun. (In other words, their market isn't so much new people buying a gun, but people who already own a gun to buy another one.)
Would you or would you not say Hornady, for a recent example has or has not used the term "Inherently accurate" in their market strategy of the cartridges they have developed and marketed?

It's rhetorical.
I know they have in the case of the 300 PRC.

Say what you wish but his 30-30 isn't comparable to the competitive guns that shoot in ibs nationals. I'm not talking anything away from the guy. I will say this, I read the 30-30 story from turners own hand and there was no "Bet". He simply told Another shooter he could outshoot him with the likes of a 30-30 and he did it. And he did well in the score matches but didn't do as well on the group side. And I believe he shot in and around Texas. Also he probably
Wasn't shooting against 6br s. They were probably 6ppc s and 30br s. Since it was Close range shooting. Benchrest shooter don't give a rats *** about marketing gimmicks, however they will try about anything to gain a slight edge over the competition.

It's a good thing you two have each other!! No one here is talking about a level where people do anything just because someone else does it and that is the only reason, there is something measurable that changes and can be proven and tied to one attribute and people change over that is not the "sheeple" effect that's something in a chambering that changes the level of competition.

LMAO!!

Mkay...
If you want to believe any new cartridge has come out from a manufacturer in the last... I dunno, you pick the date, that has changed the level of competition,go right ahead, I don't follow Bench Rest too closely, but the cartridges others have mentioned so far go back to mid to late 1970's...

If you don't believe manufacturers want to sell you their "new shiny rifle", and aren't going to try to sell you on some "marginal" reinvention of the wheel, that's on you as well.

If you don't wanna believe people won't impulse buy something, just to "keep up with the Jones'", or a younger person won't buy something because he wants to be cool like his (insert male role model here) well... you might be living under a rock... but that's your choice and as long as you're good with it who am I?

From what you're telling me, the advertising people have it figured out pretty good, why, they just need to come up with ONE thing measurable, one attribute, and they can tout how this "new shiny" will be the best new shiny ever, prove it with some fancy comparison, have a few reputable people repeat it, and they are IN!!!
Lol!
Is that what you're saying?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Posts